Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Augie's Death Trap Donation Thread

Default Augie's Death Trap Donation Thread

Augie, I had the pleasure/near-death-experience of riding your Specialized Hardrock last night at Sunderbruch. A quick ride around the parking lot was all I needed to see that this bike could very well send you careening to your demise at the bottom of a ravine.

The fork is trash and the 2-bolt 25.4 stem feels like it could sheer the bolt heads off at any moment! I don't have any 29er forks laying around but I do have a 4-bolt 100mm 25.4 stem that you can have for free and I'll even help you fit it.

At the very least you should be able to finish the novice race at the Stampede with your handlebar secured to the stem. As for the rest of the bike, I don't know.

Does anyone have a 29er fork for this good man?

Was the fork Mielke is selling for a 29er?
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Was the fork Mielke is selling for a 29er?
    Yes, but he sold it 10 minutes after listing it.

Probably a little out the price range they are looking for as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Augie, I had the pleasure/near-death-experience of riding your Specialized Hardrock last night at Sunderbruch. A quick ride around the parking lot was all I needed to see that this bike could very well send you careening to your demise at the bottom of a ravine.

The fork is trash and the 2-bolt 25.4 stem feels like it could sheer the bolt heads off at any moment! I don't have any 29er forks laying around but I do have a 4-bolt 100mm 25.4 stem that you can have for free and I'll even help you fit it.

At the very least you should be able to finish the novice race at the Stampede with your handlebar secured to the stem. As for the rest of the bike, I don't know.

Does anyone have a 29er fork for this good man?
    Why you gotta pick on my Hardrock!, It get me from one trail to another!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Yes, but he sold it 10 minutes after listing it.
    ya, I remember that.

it was sweet.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Oh man Don, if Augie finishes ahead of you at the Stampede on his "crappy, barely together" bike, you're gonna feel pretty salty!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

So I've spent most of this evening in my bike shop wrenching, and just realized, I have 5 bikes with 2 bolt stems and one with a single bolt design. Never had one fail on me...

...I have 5 bikes with 2 bolt stems and one with a single bolt design.
    Loser.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Loser.

Rg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage
    Don't be a hater! (AYHSMB)

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    Oh man Don, if Augie finishes ahead of you at the Stampede on his "crappy, barely together" bike, you're gonna feel pretty salty!
    I'll be happy just to finish! I'm so fuggin fat and I can't stay away from the root beer and Azteca!

But seriously, I'm not a big strong guy and I was getting his handlebar to squeak and flex in the stem, so I could only imagine the spaghetti like nature of his setup when he's hammering it out on the trails. Especially when it starts to get serious at the race, the adrenaline could very well turn Augie in to a madman and he'll rip his bike to pieces trying to mash his way to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Loser.
    if I had beer in my mouth, I woulda spit it outta my nose.

instead, I laughed...out loud...alone...in my office.

...wait, who's the loser here??
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

The hypocrisy!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    if I had beer in my mouth, I woulda spit it outta my nose.

instead, I laughed...out loud...alone...in my office.

...wait, who's the loser here??

Say what you want about the Specialized Hardrock, but it has way better rolling resistance than a fat bike. Unless you're racing in deep snow, the Specialized Hardrock wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Say what you want about the Specialized Hardrock, but it has way better rolling resistance than a fat bike. Unless you're racing in deep snow, the Specialized Hardrock wins!
    Ya ya. I'm not ragging on the type of bike or anything, it's his bike in particular. Augie and I chat on a regular basis and he knows his bike needs some maintenance. I'm trying to get him to buy a new bike so he can sell me the Hardrock dirt cheap =D

Sometimes I think you guys read way too much in to this stuff.

Ya ya. I'm not ragging on the type of bike or anything, it's his bike in particular. Augie and I chat on a regular basis and he knows his bike needs some maintenance. I'm trying to get him to buy a new bike so he can sell me the Hardrock dirt cheap =D

Don,
    I was just kidding man. Thanks for giving me some pointers man on my bike. Now I just need a fork, grips, chain ring, new shifters, tires and a neck and I'll be fine. And some new pedals. Forget it! Im gonna race the POS the way it is! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Augustice View Post
    Don,
    I was just kidding man. Thanks for giving me some pointers man on my bike. Now I just need a fork, grips, chain ring, new shifters, tires and a neck and I'll be fine. And some new pedals. Forget it! Im gonna race the POS the way it is! lol
    I've got extra pedals too. We'll get in to racing shape! No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustice View Post
    Don,
    Seriously there is a lot wrong with my bike. Hopefully I can get most of it replaced before the race. Thanks Don.

Relax, just messing around with you. It's hard to express that you're joking when you live by the golden rule:

Board Position
    Vice President

wasnt it a couple years ago when one george hincap's bars came off in a very rough race and he ended up upside down....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedfororbea View Post
    wasnt it a couple years ago when one george hincap's bars came off in a very rough race and he ended up upside down....
    Yep, his steerer tube broke:

I think this guy snapped his steer tube as well

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

BUWAHAHAHAHHA!!! Its funny cause its someone else!

He is EARS DEEP in that tire!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Lmao...That dudes cheecks are puffed out from the impact. I love it!

But wait Don is bashin' Augie's bike and Augie is okay with that? KICK HIS ASS Aguie!

Augie I thought you were looking at new bikes?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.