Thread: Calling all FORCers

Default Calling all FORCers

Volunteers are needed for the Stampede! This is where we show what we can do as a club. The Brown's already put the call out for course marshals and Mountain Bike Patrol, but we still need several others to help out doing other things. We need help with registration and swag tents, parking, setup and teardown. Vonda is heading up registration this year and I know she already has some names of people willing to help there. If you have that list of names Vonda, could you please post them up, so we can figure out how many more we need. I think we will need two to three people to run the swag tent, so if you are interested in tackling that, let us know. For parking we need one or two volunteers. After the first couple races I hope people will just follow the example of all the other cars and we wont need to have you out there all day. For setup and tear down we will need several people there early morning and after the races are finished. We will also need as many people as we can get the day before the race for any last minute touches to the course, as well as taping the course. Dirt, I am putting the call out there for you to take the mic in your hand once again and be our MC. I am sure I am missing something or many things, but this is a good start. Please step up and help us out, because without you, this great races we are known for can't happen. Post up if you can help or know someone that can. Thank You! Peace, Ryan.

I'll be available as Ambassador / course marshall for Novice.

Pretty sure Amanda will be in the merchandise / swag tent.

If all goes to plan (babysitters come through), I'll be there for setup and tear down as well.
    Last edited by jimithng23; 03-21-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Hey Guys! I am running novice race but will help wherever I am needed. Just let me know!

I'm there for ya for whatever. I'll be racing Maverick.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Racing fatbike but me and poof will be around all day.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'll be there early and all day and will help out with anything and anytime. Doing sport race.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I'll be there most of the day so I'll be able to help out with whatever is needed. Just let me know.

If I make it I'll help out as always. Flight dependent of course. Racing expert... if someone loans me a bike with crank brothers pedals that is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will be there and can help with whatever.
    I wanna ride!

I can give a lending hand on that day. I would be glad to help out. Maybe with setup/teardown. This will be my first S.I.S. and looking forward to seeing what it's all about. I can try to help out the day before if I'm back in town by Friday afternoon. Will someone get a hold of me with more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    If I make it I'll help out as always. Flight dependent of course. Racing expert... if someone loans me a bike with crank brothers pedals that is.
    THREAD HIJACK ALERT!! Gunch- bring your own pedals- somebody'll loan you a bike. It might not be the greatest and it might be getting close to 7,000 miles on it, but somebody will loan you a bike!

THREAD HIJACK OVER!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    THREAD HIJACK ALERT!! Gunch- bring your own pedals- somebody'll loan you a bike. It might not be the greatest and it might be getting close to 7,000 miles on it, but somebody will loan you a bike!

THREAD HIJACK OVER!!
    Yeah, large metal objects and TSA don't mix well. But if I'm out of options I may end up doing that. Don't give your hopes up on me coming though. The last two years flights have looked crappy.

Yeah, large metal objects and TSA don't mix well. But if I'm out of options I may end up doing that. Don't give your hopes up on me coming though. The last two years flights have looked crappy.
    I have plenty of crank brothers pedals you can borrow, you know that. Can probably put you on the Klein too, Rig isn't painted yet.

Board Position
    President

Rig, Sette,Alma,Oiz. Take your pick.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Gunch! My Slingshot has CB pedals, and I'm not racing Expert, so you're in luck!!!

Also, I'll emcee and most likely be around for tear down, too. I am going to assume that Ray will fill in for me at the mic while I'm prepping and racing Maverick.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I have a 2009 Trek 8000 hardtail and a new Superfly 100 AL Elite, both 15.5". I don't have Crank Brothers pedals but you're welcome to either one if they fit. I'm racing novice.
    563-299-2888.
    A little pain never hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Rig, Sette,Alma,Oiz. Take your pick.
    Carbon fiber 29er... man, that's a tough decision!? Do you by chance have a mount for a Garmin 305 on it?

And thanks everyone else that offered! Man, I love this club!

I was gonna offer up the Magic Carpet Ride but, you know, steel frame hardtails are probably too heavy for you professional endurance racer-types.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    I was gonna offer up the Magic Carpet Ride but, you know, steel frame hardtails are probably too heavy for you professional endurance racer-types.
    You kidding me!? Steel is Real! And anything made from Niner is made to fly! Honesty, I'd be happy to ride anybodies bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I am going to assume that Ray will fill in for me at the mic while I'm prepping and racing Maverick.
    Sorry, man- I'm gonna be chasin the Maverick class on my monster truck! We've got plenty of talkers around, put somebody on the Mic!

Default Say when

I can help with course setup on Saturday. Say when.
    A little pain never hurt anyone.