Thread: Yukon FX

Default Yukon FX

Does anyone have Giant Yukon FX or anyone ever rode one? I was reading online that it's a decent bike for the price range. It's nothing above and beyond but not to cheap either from the articles I've read. Just want some opinions.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Never rode one, but the bike has won awards left and right for being the best bang for the buck for entry level full suspensions. Still has the maestro suspension design like the upper end bikes which I can tell you from experience is awesome. Looks like a lot of people are saying the Trance X4 is a better deal; which I'd have to agree with myself.
    Last edited by Gunchie; 03-21-2012 at 01:15 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I looked at the Trance X4 and it did get better reviews. It also seems a better buy for the extra cash. I looked at some Santa Cruz bikes, all mountain/trail, and it seemed like they some good AM bikes to. Do we even have a Santa Cruz dealer locally or close by? Probably gonna list my other bikes for sale on the site and upgrade to FS.

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazin' View Post
    I looked at the Trance X4 and it did get better reviews. It also seems a better buy for the extra cash. I looked at some Santa Cruz bikes, all mountain/trail, and it seemed like they some good AM bikes to. Do we even have a Santa Cruz dealer locally or close by? Probably gonna list my other bikes for sale on the site and upgrade to FS.

All Mountain... Midwest... I'd probably stick to the a good 'trail' bike. Anything more than 5 inches is overkill in the Midwest. I have a Trance X here in CO where there are some really rocky, water bared descents and 5 inches is all I need even here. Sure, an all mountain would be nice, but I never felt I needed the extra inch of travel.

Little Ades Pekin IL is now a Santa Cruz dealer. I bought the first tallboy :)

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    Little Ades Pekin IL is now a Santa Cruz dealer. I bought the first tallboy :)
    You gotta Tallboy?? Nice ride Tim!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

While all I have is a short travel bike- there's been quite a few peeps that have purchased bikes with 5 inches or more travel over the years and they end up not riding them much around here, too much pedal bob so they ride their OTHER bikes a lot more. Not every single one, but a lot more than not.

I'm not sayin, you know, I'm just sayin...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.