Thread: Toughmudder- Round 2

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Toughmudder- Round 2

Originally I was going to do the Missouri Tough mudder- but they moved the date and I can't do that one. Stevebuff is still doing missouri- and I encourage anyone interested to join him on October 13th (I think thats the new date)

But a few of us are now doing the one in Wisconsin on Saturday, September 8th. The last day for the cheapest registration is Wednesday, February 29th. You may still register, but the price goes up and the saturday time slots are filling up VERY quickly- in fact the time slots on either side of our start time is already full- so hurry.

If you've been thinking you kinda wished you would have jumped on board before- here's your 2nd chance. Currently me, my bro his friend (female) are signed up, and squirrel e-mailed me today for info, and K-rud can't make up his mind. We'll be going up Friday after work- we start on Saturday at 10:20, duration of event around 3 hours.

Basic info- http://toughmudder.com/events/wisconsin-2012/

Wanna sign up now and worry about getting in shape later? Start Here- https://register.toughmudder.com/reg...rue&event=8605

Click- "Join an existing team" in the right column.

Hit the dropdown and scroll to “Pour Intentions”

After you click to sign up for “Pour Intentions” you may need a password- Its “drinkup”.

Follow normal instructions from there. Once the 10:20 time slot is full- they won't let anymore in.

Hey Vonda- (adventure girl!) if you sign up, maybe Poof will join us...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    President

Aren't you going to be at Gnome Fest that weekend?
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

YESSS! THANK YOU for getting a Wisconsin team together! It's official, I'm IN!

~Michelle

Can I recruit others?

~Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Michellefiveo View Post
    Can I recruit others?

~Michelle
    You bet- the more the merrier.

As for Gnome fest- This year is turning into being like last year. I've got too many things I want to do and something is going to have to give. The date change on the Tough Mudder threw best laid plans into disarray- I'll either cut the week short or have to drive from 9 mile forest to Cascade Wi and back that day!

Squirrel is registered, too- I suggest anyone considering it make the leap today- tomorrow the price goes up and every time someone registeres, the time slot could be full!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    You bet- the more the merrier.

As for Gnome fest- This year is turning into being like last year. I've got too many things I want to do and something is going to have to give. The date change on the Tough Mudder threw best laid plans into disarray- I'll either cut the week short or have to drive from 9 mile forest to Cascade Wi and back that day!

Squirrel is registered, too- I suggest anyone considering it make the leap today- tomorrow the price goes up and every time someone registeres, the time slot could be full!

Now your vacations are getting in the way of your vacation more that your job!!!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Well...I'm in. I gotta say this makes me nervous. It's really close to the Moab trip. I better not die.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Now your vacations are getting in the way of your vacations more that your job!!!
    I laughed OUT LOUD!!

So we're up to- let's see...

Me
    My Bro, Jamie
    His friend Kara
    Squirrel
    Russhole
    Michelle 5-0
    Michelles friend Andrea

Any more lurkers? Might as well join the fun!

Hey fellow Mudders, even tho we had to split up the team doesn't mean we can't train together! I was thinking running at our awesome mtn bike trails taking short breaks for pushups and pullups would be perfect practice of course we have to wait for it to get a little drier. I'm a second shifter now so if anyone else has that schedule we could meet up during the week, late mornings, otherwise I'll just only be able to join in on the weekends. Post up Mudders!

Default Half Marathon Training Runs

I just thought I'd pass this info along in case anyone is interested in getting this kind of mileage in. Cornbelt hosts this training, but it's open to anyone.

Steve, I'd love to do some trail running, but I'm a first shifter so weekends would be the only time our schedules would allow for it.

Quad Cities Distance Classic 2012 Half Marathon Training Runs
    We will once again offer training runs for this year’s Quad Cities Distance Classic Half Marathon. We will begin our training runs from the McDonald’s parking lot located at 1733 E. Kimberly Road (HyVee Parking Lot) in Davenport at 7:30 a.m. We will start on Sunday, March 11, 2012. This program is open to everyone who has a desire to train for a Half Marathon. If you have any questions please call John Parker @ 563-323-7025 or 563-508-2889. Email is pjppark@aol.com.

Training Run Date: Distance Planned: Location:

March 11 5 to 7 miles McDonald’s

March 18 6 to 8 miles McDonald’s

March 25 6 to 8 miles McDonald’s

April 1 8 to 10 miles McDonald’s

April 8 8 to 10 miles McDonald’s

April 15 10 to 12 miles McDonald’s

April 22 QCDC Course (13 miles) At Augustana College Track

April 29 8 to 12 miles McDonald’s

May 6 6 to 8 miles McDonald’s

May 13 Race (13.1 miles) QCDC Augustana College

Me and Russ were thinking the same thing- find a park with monkey bars and run for a bit- side walking pushups, dive bombers, bear crawls, hand over hand climb, repeat!!

Sounds good to me!

I'm Planning on going to west lake park tomorrow and running on their trails, all grass ranger says its good. Anyone care to join me I'm open on time.

Looks like gate 1 Westlake park at 3 tomorrow Russ and I so far.

Dinked up my knee riding my fatbike in the BMX bowl at Rays- but I'll be good to go in a few days. Maybe next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Dinked up my knee riding my fatbike in the BMX bowl at Rays- but I'll be good to go in a few days. Maybe next time!
    You Dink. Do I need to show you how to ride the bowl again at Rays?

Toughmudder has opened up more spots for Wisconsin on Saturday Septmeber 8th!! Ffor anyone who tried to join in and couldn't- do it NOW!! Same directions shown above- Ray