Thread: Thursday Group Ride!

Default Thursday Group Ride!

The weather is looking pretty dang nice for the week, so is there any interest in a group ride this Thursday at Sylvan? I'm sure there will be a lot of people wanting to ride either with a group or not, but let's at least try to get a good time to meet and get into a couple groups based on how fast you want to ride.

Everyone of all skill sets and speeds will be there, so please don't feel like you'll get left behind or lost. We'll get into a couple groups and once with that group, everyone will ride together and leave no one behind, until you have to go or are ready to have a beer in the lot. I've heard a lot of people this past weekend comment on how much more fun it is to ride Sylvan when you can follow someone that knows a good route to lead the group. So let's get that going. Less than 5 weeks until the Stampede!

I can be there by 4:00, but am open to any time. What times work best for the majority? With the time change, it should stay light enough out until 7 or so.

Cheers to the beautiful Spring weather!!!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

<-- So happy that riding season is getting here! I rode Sylvan Island yesterday afternoon and the conditions were freaking amaaaaazing! Of course, last night and today's rain will halt us temporarily. I plan to ride every night that conditions permit. Gotta get ready for Syllamo! Tuesday night will be a road ride thanks to today's rain. I'd love to see a boatload of people at Sylvan on Thursday night! I will be arriving closer to 5 PM. And, I freaking LOVE my 29er!

Happy Dance!
    Happy Dance!
    Happy Dance!
    I wanna ride!

Might be going out of town but if we cancel then we can be there around 5. I've got a few good loops worked out so I don't mind leading a pack at a slow to moderate pace.

I'll come down but it'll be closer to 5:45-6ish by the time I hit the trail. I'll find a group ;-)
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I'll be there!

The Brown's plan on being there about 5:30ish.

I'll be there!

~Michelle

Sounds like the majority will be there around 5:00, so let's try to be there and get going by 5-5:30. If you get there earlier, do a warm up and meet us back in the lot. If you get there later, just head out and ride slow until you find the group. It's usually no problem finding everyone on the island...

Remember, this ride is for everyone- non members, old salty dogs, gals, new riders- young and old alike. If you want to go fast- cool. If you want to ride slow and enjoy the great weather- awesome. If you want to go at a moderate pace- sweet. There is going to be peeps of all varieties that want to, above all, have fun and enjoy mountain biking with good friends. After all, isn't that what we're all about in the first place?!

So here's to kicking off the first of many group rides we'll be having this year and to the start of hopefully the best year of biking and fun this club has seen yet. So bring a friend, get out and enjoy the Island and if you are so inclined- pack a cooler for post ride refreshments and possible (and more than likely) shenanigans in true FORC style.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Love me some Badfish. Nice work, Raul! Your enthusiastic attitude has convinced me. I'm going to skip drinking and watching basketball all day and come to Sylvan instead. I'll work through the day and get there around 4:30 (which means 5:30 or 6:00 in Cannady Time). Can't wait!!!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    So here's to kicking off the first of many group rides we'll be having this year and to the start of hopefully the best year of biking and fun this club has seen yet.
    Most excellente!!!!!
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I will be there.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Bump
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Bump
    That was the best I could get outta ya, Bexter?

Not even a woot woot? ; )

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    That was the best I could get outta ya, Bexter?

Not even a woot woot? ; )
    Ha! Sent it via my phone. NOW, with sturdy keyboard in hand...

WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wanna ride!

BTW, did you know that I LOVE my 29er?! Just thought I'd mention it....
    I wanna ride!

so who's volunteering as traffic controllers / course marshalls for this group ride??

I'll be stopped enough along the trail trying to catch my breath that I might as well sign up as a course marshall!!!!!!
    I wanna ride!

I'll bring my light incase someone wants to also ride after dark.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

I plan to be there around 5:30 or 6.

Soooo, that was fun. I suppose we should do it again.

Thanks to everyone that came out, there were over 25 of us out there riding together. Trails were super fast! ; ) Don't miss out next time! The beer wasn't too bad after the ride either.

I will post up again next week about Thursday and getting a group ride scheduled and it will continue throughout the year.

Cheers!

That was fun!!!!!!! Thanks for putting it together. If it stays dry today, I will riding again tonight. Hoping Mielkman will open Sunder, but if not, it'll be Sylvan again for me.
    I wanna ride!

Open

Ride

Drink beer

what time?

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Open

what time?
    Thanks Mielke! 5:30PM.
    I wanna ride!