Thread: any tips on how to get sand out your crank?

Question any tips on how to get sand out your crank?

I feel like I got sand in my crank after riding sylvan the other day, does anyone have any tips on how to get it outta there without having to take it apart?

Take it apart, clean and grease, put back together.

Your only other option, and it isn't a good one, is to pressure wash it.

Thanks homie, I was hoping someone would say spray it with wd-40 as that would be easy.........Pressure washer crossed my mind. Thanks again for the advise, I'm gonna wrech on it and hopefully it'll be ready for SIS.

No worries!

As long as the bearings are still good, it should only be a 15 minute job or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Thanks homie, I was hoping someone would say spray it with wd-40 as that would be easy.........Pressure washer crossed my mind. Thanks again for the advise, I'm gonna wrech on it and hopefully it'll be ready for SIS.
    Please, please don't even consider pressure washing it. You'll push water into the BB bearings and will then have to take it apart, REPLACE PARTS, and then put it back together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gunch speaks the truth.