Thread: Fat Bike Race Class

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Default Fat Bike Race Class

What is this race and who is it for?

Apologies for not having a clear explanation for those who don't know what a Fat Bike is and how it's classified.

Bike requirements: Any bike with a minimum tire width of 3.7 inches.

Here is a link explaining a little more about this type of bike: http://twentynineinches.com/2011/01/...-at-fat-bikes/

We wanted to see if anyone would sign up for this race since there has been a big increase of these types of bikes out on the trails the last couple of years. If it's a bust, we won't be out much and we'll move on! I know there are at least two people that are going to race this class and I can't wait to watch them!

This Fat Bike Class will be running with the Maverick Class and will be 3 laps or approx. 12 miles.

If you have a Fat Bike and want to have some fun racing on it...this is the race for you!

If you don't have a Fat Bike but still want to race on one, post up... I know there are a couple of them up for grabs to borrow for the race as of right now.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Fatty's UNITE! Doods race for fun all the time, aaand doods ride fatty's for fun all the time... hmmm. I'm definitely running the fatbike class!

All you fattys have been wanting a Floatilla class so you can let your fat friggin freak flag fly, well here it is! It would be pretty dang cool if all you fat bikers from Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Peoria, Iowa City, Bloomington, Danville, Chicago and all points near and far rolled on over to join us- I know you're out there, I've seen your skills and I'm impressed.

So impressed that I am willing to provide a floor with a roof over it for any fatbikers that need a spot to throw a sleeping bag for saturday night before the race. I've got room for a bunch of peeps, a big garage to do last minute tuning and a deck big enough for 30, bring lawn chairs. By the way- This race is a go- there is no rain date because it will be held rain, shine, snow, sleet, or hell freezing over. Want a spot on my floor, call me at 309-737-4762

Facial hair and sleeve tattoos are not required to run the fatbike class- but it IS encouraged, even for the ladies.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.