The narrowest bar I have used was 620mm. It was way too narrow for me. I went to a 685mm bar with a slight rise and very little sweep and it made a huge difference, especially since I was riding single speed at the time. I just had to be a little more aware when navigating through bar catchers, and after awhile that becomes second nature. CSP has that bar now and I guess he likes it.

Now I use a 640mm steel bar with a lot of sweep, 40 degrees I believe. It took all of about 15 minutes to get used to it. More steering from the hips it seems like. Kyla uses the same bar but in aluminum 31.8 clamp.

At the very least, I would say try a wider bar. I got the 685mm bar for 30 bucks so it's not a huge loss if you don't like it. If you're used to such a narrow bar perhaps try something in the 640-660 range. I have a few spare bars of varying sweeps and rises that you can try out. They are all somewhat wide but they can be cut. Also, they are 31.8 clamp but I have a couple spare stems you could use as well.