Thread: tour de du brew

Default tour de du brew

hi,
    Is anyone feeling the need for physical activity and fun? Myself and a few friends are going for an unofficial, unendorsed, unsanctioned, unsponsored, yada, yada, etc., event. I saw an idea on the FORC forum which was snuffed out by bureaucracy, so this is a spin on that.

Anyways, at noon on Saturday, March 3rd, I'm going to be at the Moline Bierstube for a pre-activity hydration. Then hop on the bicycle (or run) via the bike path (@1.3 miles) to Sylvan Island. Once there, a run (or bike) a lap around the grass path. (.5-1 mile, depending on route). Then a small hydration break after that. After, ride the bike path (@1.7 miles) on to Blue Cat Brew Pub. By then, I'll be thirsty again, so will hydrate. Once refreshed, a ride back to Sylvan Island, *via the PO* do another run/bike lap, grab a 'quick swig', then proceed on to Bent River to replenish liquids. So, in a nutshell, a total of @ 8 miles, taking about 4 hours.
    BYO$ if you want something to drink at Bierstube, Blue Cat, or Bent River.

Bierstube=12.00pm
    Sylvan Is.=1.15pm
    Blue Cat=1.45pm
    RI PO=2.30pm----(last pickup is 3pm)
    Sylvan Is.=3.00pm
    Bent River=3.30pm

I am going to hand out cards for each stop, and the best poker hand at the end will win a token prize!
    If you want to join us--regardless of mode--at any of these stops, feel free! Please let me know if you can make it.
    If you don't want the excercise but want the fun and would like to help dispense liquids at Sylvan Island, let me know.
    So far, the forecast looks OK; but if it is inclement, the route may be revised.

Not responsible for accidents :-0 including my own!

also, if you would like to donate to an animal shelter of your choice, please bring a check in an stamped, addressed, ready-to-mail envelope. We will be making a 'Pony Express' stop at the Rock Island Post Office drive thru (near the 'District') after we leave Blue Cat. If you need ideas, for a list of local, non-profit animal shelters, you can check out http://www.petfinder.com/awo/search?...52803&limit=25

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Sounds like the "tour de brew" we do quite often- and it's a blast...

Although I didn't see anything about the "Beads of Shame". You gotta have Beads of Shame!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Sounds like the "tour de brew" we do quite often- and it's a blast...

Although I didn't see anything about the "Beads of Shame". You gotta have Beads of Shame!
    HA! didn't want to scare off any noobs although I will be the one starting off with them

Have to take me kids to snowstar. Bummer