Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copper Gnome Trip August 31-September*9

Board Position
    President

Default Copper Gnome Trip August 31-September*9

Well here's another trip for every one to ponder.*

I've been working on the Copper/Gnome trip this year. I'm planning on starting in Copper Harbor as always, spending 5 days riding Copper, Swedetown and Michigan Tech trails. Then take the trip through Marquette, MI. They have over 30 miles of single track and if we're lucky Marquette Mountain will have their lift service going. Sometime either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning we will head to Nine Mile Forest for Gnome Fest. *

Now, this trip can be catered to your schedule. If you want to do just Copper, post up. I know for a fact there is a group already wanting to do just that. Also if Gnome Fest is all you have time for, head up to Nine Mile when you can we will see you there.*

Friday -Tuesday Copper Harbor, Swedetown,Michigan Tech
    Copper trails. www.copperharbortrails.org
    Swedetown. http://www.keweenawtrails.com/trails/swedetown.html
    Michigan Tech trails. http://www.sportsrec.mtu.edu/index.p...=63&Itemid=108

Tuesday-Thursday. Marquette, MI
    http://www.noquetrails.org/

As always trips are subject to change depending on the weather but always is a good time.

Thursday-Sunday. Gnome-Fest. (Nine Mile Forest, Wausau, Mi
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

IN

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

This is another AWESOME trip- great riding and lots of outdoorsy fun and drinkin. I was originally planning to just do the long weekend with Forcmeister, but AG has plans to take us to some stuff I've been wanting to ride so I'll be working on trying to get the whole week in.

Lets see-
    Aug-31- Sept 9, Wisc/Mich
    Sept 29- Oct 6, Moab/Fruita

And K-rud, Dave C. and I usually do a 4 night- hardcore Valmont/Trestle/Keystone trip to Gunchie's around this time.

(Sigh) This "job" thing is really starting to cut into my riding time...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Whether or not I can do the whole week is up in the air, but I am definitely in for the Copper weekend.

ya...this "job" thing gets in the way of this trip. oh, and that thing most people know as a "family."

Copper Harbor Fat Tire Fest, I'm gonna miss ya

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    ya...this "job" thing gets in the way of this trip. oh, and that thing most people know as a "family."
    FORC is my family.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    FORC is my family.

Rg.
    Where have you been? I've been worried sick!

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Where have you been? I've been worried sick!
    On I-80. Don't worry, I would never go against the Family.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Going to burn a lot of vaca time. Definitely worth it though, count me in.

the browns are in on this one too

Board Position
    President

That place will be PACKED after the race. Can't wait.

Last year you could purchase their beer AT THE FINISH LINE!! Yeah- that's thinkin ahead!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Last year you could purchase their beer AT THE FINISH LINE!! Yeah- that's thinkin ahead!!
    Last years beers were from Keweenaw Brewing in Houghton. Why haven't we stopped there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Last years beers were from Keweenaw Brewing in Houghton. Why haven't we stopped there yet?
    CAUSE THEY BROUGHT THEIR BEER TO US! You're right, it was keeweenaw and it was cold and tastey!!

Board Position
    President

Looks like some changes to the event this year. Most notable. Capping it at 500. I believe called that. Oh and the price!

19th annual

Bell's Beer Copper Harbor Trails Festival

September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

29 mile & 17 mile

Cross Country Mountain Bike*Races

The event name has changed, due to the new title sponsor of the Copper Harbor Trails Club and event - Bell's Brewery...they did not want to promote a competitors product. If you've attended the Fat Tire Festival in the past and enjoyed it, don't worry as the date (Sunday of Labor Day Weekend), afternoon start, race course and festival atmosphere will remain the same...other than the name, only the malt beverages being poured will change!

Race course inclusive of many of the new trails on the west side of US 41 (same course as 2011). The climbing will be a gut check, while the sustained descents are guaranteed to make you smile (for the most part) :)

*Mass Race Start @ 2:00pm EST

Jr. Fat Tire kids race @ 12:30pm

40 yard “Short Tire”

3 Mile & 1 Mile XC Races

Live Music: starts ~ 7:00pm following awards presentation

Steppin' In It

on the outdoor stage in the Grant Twp. Park

and a late night perfomance with the Mojo Perry Band (Psychadelic Blues/Rock)

@ Zik's Bar & Grill

PRE-REGISTER HERE

In an effort to maintain a quality event for all of the racers, the Trails Festival will be capped at the first 500 participants to register!

$50 Entry Fee Includes:The Race, T-Shirt, Prizes, Food & Entertainment. *Racers must register by August 12 to guarantee availability of a comemorative event T-shirt! (a comemorative pint glass will be otherwise included)

XC Race Registration/ Bib Pick-Up: Saturday 9/1 *3:00-5:00pm (EST) & Race Day 11:00am-1:00pm
    at the Copper Harbor Welcome Center
    JR. FAT TIRE( for kid's 13 & under): 12:30pm (EST) Sunday September 2. Registration: Saturday September 1 3:00-5:00pm, Race Day 11:00am- 12:00pm.
    New - ENDURO RACE !!! Saturday September 1 @ 1:00pm est

Enduro Registration: 11:00am-12:00pm @ CH Welcome Center (no cap on Enduro race attendance)
    Last edited by AG; 04-27-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Dang it- If you don't pre register, the line is REALLY short when you get there. If you do pre register, the line is usually out the darn door...

Looks like i better pre register this year if I wanna gauranteed spot in the long course.

Board Position
    President

Talked to Sam their RD via email. He said registration should be open in about a week or so. Apparently we made a impression on him. He remembered us quit well. Now I'm not sure if that impression was good or bad though.

When the f is registration going to open?

Board Position
    President

Flying squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    BEST.IDEA.EVER! The beer was cold and oh so good! We are out for Copper though contemplating Gnome (gonna head up to Cuyuna in Minnesota this year in lieu of Copper). Love 9 Mile and a festival atmosphere versus 24 hour race makes it even more desireable.
    I wanna ride!

I plan to hit Cuyuna this year too, but I'm not gonna miss a great weekend in Copper to do a great weekend in Cuyuna when Cuyuna can be visited on a different weekend- (I like the race and after party at copper- no race in Cuyuna, the riding will be great no matter which weekend poof and I decide to go!)

We're gonna be in mexico during 9 mile. I can't understand why Poofy would rather spend our anniversary be on a beach with a drink than at a 24 hour race... 9 mile has sand, too. Sheesh. The things we do for love.

I wish Jon had enough vaca time to go back to Copper as well, but he doesn't get a whole lotta time. We've been to Copper the last few years and we want to experience different trails. It stinks having to be selective. Cuyuna will be sometime in August for us and we've also got a trip planned with my family in July. That eats up his vaca. Of course, not mine. :) Speaking of, the PAMBA/CORBA ladies and I are planning a repeat visit to Florida for a week of mtn biking: January 2013 (thinking of vacation usage)... Poofy? Vonda? Anna? Ann? Julie? Michelle? Karen? The four of us went last year and it was a BLAST! We are opening it up to a total of 8 ladies this time. You wonder about mtn biking Florida. We did too but we wanted to get away to sun and fun. What we found astounded us! The Alafia River State Park was FANTASTIC! So was Balm Boyette. The one trail that got all the great reviews and brought us to Florida (other than sunshine and margaritas) was Santos and I'd never go back.
    B O O O O O R I N G!!!! Ladies, start thinking about January fun in the sun...
    I wanna ride!

Sorry Bex- I gotta call Thread Hijack on you!

Since this is the copper trip thread, maybe we should be posting invites to other trips in a new thread.

Back to Copper- Can't wait to see what else they've done to The Flow this year, and I certainly want more pics of Over the Edge!!

I get so excited about fun riding that there I go on a tangent!!!! Carry on...
    I wanna ride!