Thread: Quick Updates

1. Question Quick Updates

Last summer there was a "green/yellow/red" light on the home page to inform on riding conditions. Is there going to be anything like that this year or will we have to post on a forum and hope that someone has replied? Or, is there another method of finding riding conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGkrak View Post
    Last summer there was a "green/yellow/red" light on the home page to inform on riding conditions. Is there going to be anything like that this year or will we have to post on a forum and hope that someone has replied? Or, is there another method of finding riding conditions?
    Yep, the trail status indicators will return very soon! Since we have moved to a new website, we are working on a more automated system that should be more accurate than last years. Hopefully we will see it this week.

A new webcam would be cool:Dthen you could see the riders and conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i'm sure if you came up with one, we could put it to use............
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

5. Default

Looking forward to having the indicator! More accurate is good too!

Being somewhat new to MTB, what is a good rule of thumb for dry time? I've gathered that the island is the first to dry, but how about the others?

Perhaps something like:

Rain day -> Dry day (or two?) -> Ride day?

Thanks,
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by mccrea.g View Post
    Looking forward to having the indicator! More accurate is good too!

Being somewhat new to MTB, what is a good rule of thumb for dry time? I've gathered that the island is the first to dry, but how about the others?

Perhaps something like:

Rain day -> Dry day (or two?) -> Ride day?

Thanks,
    Glenn
    There are many factors to consider, such as, time of year, wind, temperature, amount of precip, etc etc.

Sylvan is almost always rideable the next day (12-24 hours after rain), but the other trails systems usually it is 24-48 hours. Typically either the steward or one of the crew members will go out and verify trail conditions as needed.

If you are in doubt, don't hesitate to contact the Trail Steward for the park you are looking to ride or post up. In Scott County Park's case, you can call them directly at (563) 328-3282.