Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FORC'en Memorial Weekend Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Isn't that the same route? it is quicker going though IL but i need to go through Dupuke. The destination is the only thing important. Don't matter how you get there. Remember the Door County trip a couple years ago?
    hell ya I remember!

I posted that route (fixed it) for the peeps that wanted to get up there a bit quicker....like Dirt and I...we're gonna leave before the sun comes up on Saturday so we can meet you silly folk for the morning ride!

trust me, if we were leaving Friday we'd be lolly-gagging the whole way, stopping at the Troll, possibly New Glarus, definitely the Dane...and we'd be rollin' into the camp site a lil' bit foggy.

heck...may even veer off to Potosi...or, the Roadhouse! give anyone any ideas? ;-)
    Last edited by jimithng23; 05-23-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Remember the Door County trip a couple years ago?
    The way I hear it, anybody who claims to remember that trip probably wasn't really there...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    The way I hear it, anybody who claims to remember that trip probably wasn't really there...

let me clarify...

I remember that we left to go up there

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    let me clarify...

I remember that we left to go up there
    ^ ^ ^
    More accurate!

Great place to ride! Fun time group camping!
    I wanna ride!

Is it Saturday, yet? This sucks...
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Is night riding allowed? Anyone planning on doing any?

Has a ride itinerary been decided?

I'll be arriving at the campsite around 7:30 tonight.

I can't wait to see what has been done to the trails since I last rode there in 2009.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

We're bringing our lights, just in case! Although- the trail head is a long way from the campsite- and it looks like there is a 95% chance of inebriation.

Just sayin.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

FYI on the quicker route there are tolls. $5.50 in each direction if you are paying cash. Half that if you have an Ipass. I bought on Ipass at Jewel Osco $50, $10 is a deposit the other $40 is toll credit. There was a $2.90 charge from the store.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Who's bringing their swimsuit for the Beach?? Looks like the beach is 1.5 miles from the camp site. Fester looks like a born swimmer!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Fester looks like a born swimmer!
    No rudder tho.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    No rudder tho.
    Motorboat skill allowed!

Board Position
    President

I think the trail head closes after dark. I agree with Ray (did I just say that?) mass consumption will probably take place. Also keep in mind there is a vehicle pass and trail pass that will need to be purchased.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

As too much shyte has piled on my plate this week, I'm going to have to bow out. Sorry. AG, let me know what I owe for the campsite and I'll get ya some dough.

Muir trails are fun at night. Ride em backwards.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Vehicle Park pass Annual $35 Daily $10, if you are in the park Sat, Sun, Mon, might as well buy the annual and hope you get back to ANY Wisconsin State Park.
    Trail Pass $4 per day $10 per year. I am too lazy to do the math on this one! :)
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Trails sucked.

Shoulda stayed home.

Bummer. Local trails were top-shelf.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Trails sucked.

Shoulda stayed home.
    Lies.

Trails sucked.

Shoulda stayed home.
    I felt better for a minute anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Lies.
    True story.

I've been to a lot of trail systems. It's hard to think of one that has better flow than John Muir.

Incredible trails.

Great weekend.

Amazing friends!

A side from the weather Saturday morning to afternoon, Great time great people. Thanks to all that put it together. Note to self. Bring ear plugs(bad word filters) for my youngest Gabe AKA "Kickstand" dubbed by Steve Holland. Thanks again! Kickstands vocabulary was just expanded in the in the worst way. LOL!

Auggie, it's a damn good thing Kickstand is done with school for the year. If not, you would undoubtedly be getting a call from the principal's office today. I doubt that I said *ANYTHING* that would be of concern but just in case I happened to let an inappropriate slur slip by my lips in Young Kickstand's presence, please accept my apologies. Hopefully, you spent the 3-hr car ride home explaining how Dirt and others are bound for an eternity of telling jokes to the devil in the pits of hell for having such dirty mouths and that lest he wants a similar fate, he will forget that this weekend ever happened. You and Janel are such great parents!

As for the weekend: The turn from despair to drunken stupor to jubilation to anxiety to exhaustion, to mindlessly buzzed to survival mode is quite certainly a toll I will never put my body or spirit through ever again. So, we pull into camp and it looks like a scene straight from the Amazon rain forest: splashing through puddles, we arrive at a camp full of wet cats, wet rats, and seemingly pointless Festers scattered about. The mood under the 8'x8' "shelter" where about 20 people were standing shoulder to shoulder was about as glum as a funeral parlor. Hell, Ray and Sorya were already packed up with the motor running. I thought to myself (and out loud about 50 times - Sorry Jimithing) "Can't believe I woke up at 4AM and left my kids behind to go drink in the G%@d*#!** rain - Oops! Sorry - who brought the kid?!?" Left with no options other than to stare at the rainfall, I did what any other non self-respecting FORCer would do: I cracked open about 12 consecutive beers without breathing in between. Somebody was gonna have fun today come hell or high water, damnit! Thus, the day turned from despair to drunken stupor in about 30 minutes. Then, as if touched by the gods of mountain biking, Ranger Jesus (pretty sure that was his actual name) showed up at camp, told us the trails were open and to have fun. Instantly, I started to sober up by drinking one.more.beer. Desperation? Check. Drunken Stupor? Check. Jubilation? Check. All by 1:59 in the afternoon. We're just getting started people...

For the sake of time and for my job (gotta get to work) I'm going to fast-forward through the rest, but first: This is the one part about the trip that sucked: In our drunken haste, we did forget to let the peeps who didn't stick around Sat morning to listen to my stupid Little Johnny jokes know that the trails were opened. Some were off doing their own thing. A head's up from us would have been nice. Sorry 'bout that. Really I am. In my defense, I was so slammed at 3:00 when we hit the trailhead that I think it was an hour later before I realized that I was actually riding my bike on trails and not just dreaming of riding trails while passed out on my zero gravity chair.

This brings me to anxiety: Not since the last time I tried burning down an ant hill with a magnifying glass in 3rd grade have I seen life forms move as quickly as I did on Saturday at 2:00. Freakin' Ranger Jesus hadn't even gotten both feet back into his Jeep and Loud Paul already was lock, stock and two smoking barrels with chamois on, Camelback loaded, and eye black smeared all over his face. By 2:15, Richard and Jennie were doing Yoga and by 2:20, AG hollers out, "Bus is leaving!" WTF?!? Was the world coming to an end? Were we afraid Ranger Jesus was going to change his mind before he left the campsite? ****. I was still in my chair thinking about sobering up when AG started his engine. Guess I better slam the rest of this beer, stick a finger down my throat, and here we go!! Anxiety? Going from drunk to 100% full speed...Yeah. Full on anxiety. [I think I've forgotten all about the fast forward thing..]

From there, we rode 25 miles at a brisk pace. My body did tune into what was happening by the time we got to the connector trail. By the time we got back my legs were ready to explode. Exhaustion. Back to camp. Mindlessly buzzed (impossible to get drunk again after being blitzed at noon then riding myself sober). Sleep. Wake up. Do it again in survival mode.

Awesome experience. Sweet trails - really, really sweet trails. Most hootin' and hollerin' I've done since that time I first laid eyes on the Farmboy jumping a fire naked pic. Great company. Very sorry about the dummy oversight of not letting others know of the coming of Ranger Jesus. Awesome food. And nothing like corrupting the mind of America's future. Poor kid will never look at the letter W the same again...

WOMB! WOMB! WOMB!!!!!!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

A weekend that won't soon be forgotten. Great folks, great trails, good times.

Photos from the weekend are located HERE

DAM* that's a great story, hilarious, excellent time, beercan/bottle induced lovely stooper, hazy memories -- too bad we missed it. My wife wanted a tropical honeymoon (Costa Rica & Panama -- read not Amazon but R-A-I-N, heat, humidity). Don't get me wrong we thoroughly enjoyed it and all activities. You're all back here enjoying these good holiday events, and the QC area great weather & trail conditions, in one of my fav two months in QC, May & September. No Ranger Jesus, but we did see Jesus Lizards (literally walk on water). The tropics; and we missed this hilarious adventure. Excuse me whilst I go slap myself.