Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FORC'en Memorial Weekend Trip!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Anna & I are coming too! Will come back Sunday or early Monday morning.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Vice President

BUMP!!!!

whos leaving when?

I am not so pleased to say I am going to have to bow out of this trip. It came down to either going to this or the Fest, and I just can't miss the Fest. I hope everyone has one helluva time and has a few beers for me.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Anna and I are leaving Friday. We will be on the interstate by 5pm.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Browns and Hollands are leaving around 3.

Do we have the site for Friday night too? That would be awesome. Locally brewed beer available here. Warhawk Wheat. Yum.

http://www.funhunters.net/pages/brewery.html

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    Do we have the site for Friday night too? That would be awesome.

Yes indeed we do. Site: L, Southern Kettle Moraine-Hickory Woods Loop, check in time 3pm, Res. name- Brown. See You there sometime before 6ish.
    db

Well Hells Bells. Looks like I'll be there Friday. Suhweeeeet.

Anybody riding fatbikes on this little excursion?

Also, there's supposedly some good new trails in Lake Geneva at Lake Geneva Canopy Tours. I rode some of it this winter with 6 inches of snow on top of it, so I didn't get to see how cool the trails actually were. Just an option for anyone who might be interested. I know the guy who built them, and am willing to bet the parts that I haven't seen border on the technical side.

Really can't believe I'm reading this line from the same guy who gave me SHAT about having a fixie "because it's cool to own a fixie." I don't have a fixie, by the way Farmboy, never did. I do, however, I have a 2011 Midwest Mountain Bike Fest Mountain Bike Dodgeball Dodge Tyre Tournament of Champions Tournament Trophy. It's on my mantel right next to the Huffy Toss Trophy and a picture of you eating a 29" Maxxis Ignitor whipped at you from Team Goodlookin'! This, of course, begs the question: Farmboy, how's my rubber taste?
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Don't keep acting like you were a factor in your team's victory. If not for a fellow LAMBA dissenter, your mantle might look a little different. You are a sad man, sad little man. You keep bringing things up from the past almost as if you need them to validify your existence. Did you have a bad day at work yesterday? Did your kid beat you at a video game? Did you not perform well at "business time" last night, resulting in an eye rolling sigh from your wife? As far as the huffy toss, I got nuthin. Maybe if I followed in your steps by pumping some 'roids and shaved my chest, I might have gotten a little more mustard on my huffy toss. I indeed took 2nd to you in two events at this grand festival but at a buck sixty (last year, not now, I've gotten a little chunky over the last year), I'm cool with that. But here's what you don't know or remember and neither did I until going through some photos recently. In Peoria, the first year of the fest there, you also won the huffy toss, did you not? Guess who got 2nd. Yep, revel in it my fellow mountain biker. I've handed you the stage in this case mostly out of full disclosure but also because you need it.

But rest assured, my friend with the fragile ego, I will have an opportunity soon enough to exact my revenge. I will not seek that opportunity, but given the appropriate opportunity, I will execute. You're going to be riding on my turf next weekend. I know every root and rock at Kettle Moraine. Keeping in mind, it is not the losses that you've handed me in competition that have created what little contempt I hold for you. Rather, it's the time after a ride at Sunderbruch that I extended a friendly offer of a cold beverage on a hot day which is pursuant to an unwritten code of mountain bikers. You, sir, declined. Which is not becoming of a mountain biker in general, and certainly not a FORC'er.

Be ready to eat **** on the trail next weekend. On the field of baby heads on a sharp left turn on the blue trail, your ass is going down.

I guess I'll just have to take you at your word...Number Two. You probably lose to me in your sleep.

Farmboy, my dear, dear Farmboy, so many places to go with that tepid post of yours...Curious: Had CG not left the Too-Good-To-Lose LAMBA Princesses for the 32-seed Team Goodlookin', which of the 4 of you would have been sitting on the sidelines?!? Surely they wouldn't have benched the guy who hasn't won a contest since the time he won the President's Challenge in 1st grade P.E. after being held back two consecutive years...No way they'd [I know you're still trying to look up what tepid means...It means "Not hot, lukewarm." Can we focus now? Thank you.]...No way they'd drop the guy who travels from event to event in the hopes of just once claiming a Huffy Toss championship only to come up short time and time again. Let's face it, Farmboy. You are the LeBron James of meaningless backyard shenanigans: All hype but no hardware. Always the bridesmaid. Never the bride.

So I'm riding on your turf next weekend. I'll be visiting a piece of America that I've never laid eyes on before. You better pray to the gods of goofy, big-nosed punks that I don't leave you in the dust, My Friend. For if I do...If I do, I won't have to say a single word. Back at camp, as I'm downing a delicious, frosty brew I'll simply give you an uninterested nod, and you'll know immediately that ol' Dirt got the best of you yet again. No one else in the entire world will give a rip, but for you it will be the longest night of your life.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Whats the protocol for food and beverages for this kind of trip? Should we buy up there or do we buy here locallly and haul up? This is the first road trip with FORC so any tips are apprecieated. Thanks.

Board Position
    President

I usually make sure I have enough to feed and water myself for the weekend. An other way you can do it is plan we whom ever you are carpooling with. Share a cooler, save some space. Sandwiches and fruit are easy. We have been known to stop somewhere on the way up and grab some local brew we can't get down here.

If anyone is looking for a ride or has room for someone post it up. In just a few short days we are riding Kettle.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Thanks for the tips AG. What would you suggest for equipment? I thinkin basic tools and tubes. Anything else?

I plan on taking my wife and 10 year old boy Gabe. Is there anybody else taking any kids? The other is off to a soccer tournament in Indianapolis.

Board Position
    President

Tubes are always good. Also a way to pump up that flat. Lawn chair, Flash light. It gets dark at the camp ground. There is good showers in Kettle but not close to our camp ground. In fact the trail head is a 15-20 min drive away. Feel free to bring a dish to share our dinners usually turn into a potluck.

For Cryin' out loud Dirt. Do you ever shut up? Since I will be on vacation next week, I have neither the time or the desire to continue to read your rhetoric. I can only assume that your compadres have to hear about it everytime they meet up or ride with you feel the same as they get it in person as well. You see, those meaningless trailhead games are in fact meaningless, to me. I am quite certain they are quite important to you though evidenced by your constant babble and your forum signature. I'm glad they're meaningful to you. At least you've finally found something you're good at.

I will worry not about you leaving me in the dust. Even though I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was last year, I have seen you ride (if that's what you call it). I do have a sneeking suspicion though that the moment you saw that I was joining the FORC crew this weekend that your training regimine began. Probably some spin classes followed by some basement or garage roller riding. Probably traded in your beer fridge for a juicer and bumped the 'roid dosage up a bit. I don't know why you've become so obsessed with beating me. I'm not a fast rider. I'm not even a good rider. But I suppose goals should be incremental and attainable. Your quest for the upper echelon of mediocrity is a sad thing to watch my friend.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I'm seriously considering taking mine. Prolly gonna be rolling slow anyway, might as well be on something that goes through the sand.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Farmboy, I'm taking this to the streets, where it belongs...

As for room, I should have room for 1 more. Mielke and I are leaving early, early Sat - 5:30ish, I'm guessing - and coming back after the morning ride on Sunday. If you're looking to make a trip but also squeeze some family time in, we're the ride for you.

Also, I will have room in the Coffin Cooler for pop, water and stuff.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I"m glad, because I'm all out of comebacks, and they all probably sound the same by now anyways.

I'll be in touch. I may be on a slightly different schedule and have to iron that out with the Mrs. Don't hold my spot in your cruiser if someone else is more decisive than I am. If I have to drive myself, I will.

Board Position
    President

Here is the location of our camp site. http://g.co/maps/ssjpp
    Camp site K
    Check in time is Friday 3:00 pm.
    It is reserved under my name.
    It is looking like I'm going to be leaving the QC around 3:00 Friday afternoon, picking up 3 from Dubuque.
    Any questions drop a dime. 563529eighteenthirtyone
    Last edited by AG; 05-22-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post

Site: L, Southern Kettle Moraine-Hickory Woods Loop, check in time 3pm, Res. name- Brown. See You there sometime before 6ish.
    db
    Oh great, we're right next door to that rowdy group.

http://g.co/maps/c2cvs

this route is about 30 minutes quicker

BUT

it doesn't take you through Mt. Horeb (Grumpy Troll) and Madison (Great Dane)
    Last edited by jimithng23; 05-23-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: link fixed...I'm a moron
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post

BUT

Mmmmm, Troll Burger and sampler! Still don't know what my favorite beer is at the Great Dane since after the massive sampler they have it all is a blur. Can't wait to visit Madison this summer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=41...&glp=1&t=m&z=8

BUT

Isn't that the same route? it is quicker going though IL but i need to go through Dupuke. The destination is the only thing important. Don't matter how you get there. Remember the Door County trip a couple years ago?