Quote Originally Posted by loganthebiker View Post
So am about to do this April 15th Sylvan Island Stanpede for the first time got any tips ive been riding their for about 2years and found out about this?
Thanks
The main goal you'll want to have is to have fun and don't worry about how you finish for your first time. Don't worry too much about going at your fastest pace, you will finish at a higher place if you concentrate on staying on your bike and being smart when passing or getting passed. There will be dudes you are racing against that are really fast, some that are slow and some in between. Just figure out where you stack up and ride at a good pace with those around you.

You'll also want to get on your bike a lot between now and then and figure out what your pace is going to be for the whole 7-8 miles. You don't want to burn yourself out at the start and not be able to have fun through the race. There are more races throughout the year if you feel like you could have done better. My first year racing the island I had no idea what to expect and finished around 50th place. The next year I had an idea of what I needed to do and ended up finishing pretty well. But the thing I remembered was it was something I love doing and having fun being the most important thing.

Welcome to your first race and we will be discussing the race and more at our club meeting next Monday (March 5th) at Sippi's Restaurant in Davenport at 6:30. Come on down and check it out. You can get lots of answers and tips there.

Cheers.