Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sylvan, Monday 2/13/12 9:00

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Don- just ride, man. The trails are open, the steward asked on these forums for people to go check them out and post up conditions, you and him are good buds and talk often. I can't imagine what the problem is and I have no idea why 2012 suddenly became the year where we treat Sylvan like all the other trail systems when that was NEVER the case. Tell Russ (the STEWARD!) if he wants to borrow my fatty to ride on days like this, he's welcome to it.

Russ, Are we still having the Stampede? I guess we have to consider not having it, because the other trail systems aren't usually ridable in early April, so according to the posts on a couple of these threads lately, we should stay off the Island until the other systems dry out.

Or... we could lighten up a bit. Its 2 weeks from March, I don't think there has EVER been a trail rut from riding in wet conditions fixed by hand on the island. Yes, we do tons of cleanup and dirt throwing to help habitually problem areas, but we don't do it due to trail abuse- The dirt is an inch thick. Can we just give this a rest, peeps?
    Last edited by Vibrato; 02-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Don- just ride, man. The trails are open, the steward asked on these forums for people to go check them out and post up conditions, you and him are good buds and talk often. I can't imagine what the problem is and I have no idea why 2012 suddenly became the year where we treat Sylvan like all the other trail systems when that was NEVER the case. Tell Russ (the STEWARD!) if he wants to borrow my fatty to ride on days like this, he's welcome to it.

Russ, Are we still having the Stampede? I guess we have to consider not having it, because the other trail systems aren't usually ridable in early April, so according to the posts on a couple of these threads lately, we should stay off the Island until the other systems dry out.

Or... we could lighten up a bit. Its 2 weeks from March, I don't think there has EVER been a trail rut from riding in wet conditions fixed by hand on the island. Yes, we do tons of cleanup and dirt throwing to help habitually problem areas, but we don't do it due to trail abuse- The dirt is an inch thick. Can we just give this a rest, peeps?

Default Trail Conditions

The low ground is softer than the high ground of course. The single track is not as moist as the perimeter path, which is very soft on the north side. The west end is dryer than the east end. Abundant sunshine and wind seems to be drying it out fairly quickly.

I saw about half a dozen mtbers out there today. Followed a few around in an attempt to steam roll whatever ruts they left behind if any. Here's some pics to give you an idea of the conditions...

Island entrance path

Single track on east end

Sloppy hill near the jumps on the west end

THANK YOU for the update, Don.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

+1
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Can we go ahead and drop it for now and just love each other again? Speaking of which, I heard Farmboy still sleeps with his Princess Di Beanie Baby and has the largest collection of My Little Pony figurines in the entire Midwest. What a sweetie!
    Who told you that? Is your wife hiding in my closet again? We do quite possibly house the largest My Little Pony collection on the planet, but I don't think there are any beanie babies around.

Nice way to use a horrible attempt at comedy to detract from you throwing your two cents in on a sensitive subject in the same way you decided to start shaving your head once you started balding. It's okay man. You can stop using your thesauras to formulate your posts and acting like a tough guy all the time. Your friends see through your insecurities as do I. Oooh I can't wait to hear that Yukon Pete bit again.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    Oooh I can't wait to hear that Yukon Pete bit again.
    It's just the BEST, isn't it?!

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."