Thread: Stampede Course

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Default Stampede Course

Well folks, after weeks of anticipation, misinformation, rumors and just plain nonsense, the Stampede course is set. Hot Johnny's and Becky's winter of planning has added some new, fun, challenging, kick ass sections to please the most cantankerous of riders. A lot of the crowd favorite sections remain unchanged so don't get your jockeys in a bundle. Get out and ride the course and see for yourself. HJ is planning on marking the course with paint so it will be easy to follow. When you've wiped the smile off of your face, thank the Bernard's for their hard work and for putting up with me through this whole deal.
    Last edited by SPLASH; 04-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:banana:

...I think that sums it up best. thank you to everyone who was involved, and MUCH thanks to HJ and Bexter...you rock!

3. Default The trails are a rockin' !

Thanks Becky and John, for making some rockin' trails!! They are more fun than ever!! I love ALL the new additions! Keep up the good work! You are appreciated! :burnout:

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Ditto's to that, Becky and John did an INCREDIBLE job laying out ways to run together the fast flowing trails in an all new manner- but I'd like to add a HUGE thank you to Scott for keeping a level head in spite of the deafening Volume of mind numbing nonsense being thrown at him. (Not using the dike at all- going through the bmx part 5 times- how does this idiocy even get started?) GREAT JOB, SCOTT.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

great to hear things are situating themselves......
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

You have given too much credit to John and I. Not much else to do in the winter but dream about new trails, so occaisonally while enjoying a brew, paper and pen would come out and new trails would be dreamed up. There were pelnty others who had a part in coming up with a cool course. Kudos to all involved! :banana: (LOVE the bananas!!)

John and I got half the course marked yesterday by spray painting orange arrows on the ground, however we thought we had enough paint. We were wrong, and surprisingly, we found that Bent River didn't sell spray paint, so we couldn't finish the job yesterday. What were we to do? The raz wheat is perfect this time of year!! Got more paint today and finished marking the course, did more loppering (by the way, someone has our Fiskars geared loppers... had to buy a new pair today -- if anyone has seen ours, let me know) and trail clean up.

The bridge will get built sometime this week depending on weather conditions. I will post up once we have a better idea when that will happen. It shouldn't take too long to build.

Please go out, check out the course and get ready for the Stampede!! It's going to be a fantastic race! One lap of the course is 3.95 miles.

The course was GPS'd Saturday. It shouldn't take too long to get that overlayed onto a map and posted on our website.

Thanks to everyone who has had a part in working toward a successful Stampede V.
    I wanna ride!

if bridge works is being done during the day or if help is neded, remember.... I AM AT HOME DOING NOTHING still and would love to get out and help. bridges are in my skill set......let me know a day and time and i should be able to make it.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......