Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 2012 a "Moab" year?

About how much Should one look at for rental or the whole shabang breaking it down some what by equipment, transporation, food, lodging and anything else one would need to know?
    Yo, Ray about summed it up, but here's a little bit of break down.
    Bike rental: 65 per day
    Food: figure 30 a day
    room and board: about 300 total
    beer: ???? what happens in Utah...
    I dropped about 600 last time and that was with a lot of extras stuff I didn't need.

Things you will need for sure:
    100 oz water pack with extra storage for sweat shirt or whatever
    rain pancho
    warm base layer
    extra tubes and such. plan on all new drive train before heading out. It's a looonng walk back on some of these trails.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

one more thing. Conditioning. If are thinking about getting in on this, here's one way to know if you can hang. If you can ride Sunderbruch's LT trail twice in a row without stopping, you should do fine. If you can't even ride it once, this trip probably isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    Yo, Ray about summed it up, but here's a little bit of break down.
    Bike rental: 65 per day
    Food: figure 30 a day
    room and board: about 300 total
    beer: ???? what happens in Utah...
    I dropped about 600 last time and that was with a lot of extras stuff I didn't need.

Things you will need for sure:
    100 oz water pack with extra storage for sweat shirt or whatever
    rain pancho
    warm base layer
    extra tubes and such. plan on all new drive train before heading out. It's a looonng walk back on some of these trails.
    I'd strongly suggest going tubeless as well. Damn cactus's are out there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll take one of the first timer seats if it is a go. I already somehow convinced the boss lady to let me get a FS bike.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    ...Well worth the Stoopid drive across Stoopid Nebraska.

Guys! I am seriously interested as a first timer. Does anybody have any open spots available?

It's an unwritten rule that the first timer lugs around a DSLR camera and takes pictures for the group

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I don't think this trip has "officially" been announced, but it sure seems like there's interest! The main planner for this trip has always done such a friggin awesome job with the whole thing- and I imagine it's a pain in the rear- that I for one sincerely hope the same dood is putting it togehter.

The 2 times I've done this trip, we've found enough vehicles and bike spots to accomodate all who wanted to join in, so if you want in, just plan on there being room and start makin plans.

The 1st time out was the best trip ever. Until the 2nd time we went out- BEST. TRIP. EVER.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Rage!? Are you out there? Raage??!!.....RAAAAGE???!!!.............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    Rage!? Are you out there? Raage??!!.....RAAAAGE???!!!.............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I talked to him last night...

he'll respond soon enough ;-)
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."