Thread: Nasty Nates!

Default Nasty Nates!

Running 27TPI Surly Nates front and back! They are the same height as Larry and 1/4 inch wider than Larry on Graceful Fat Sheba 80mm rims. Float and traction are an order of magnitude better than the Larry. Through what snow is left in my yard, I couldn't lose traction no matter how hard I tried!

They are quite noisy and send a rumble up your bum on pavement. Might be annoying to some but a perk to others!

Sweet. Heard great reviews about the Nates up in WI. Think I'll be making that investment.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Dang. That's just... and I already have 80mm rims... (Sigh) My wife is gonna kill me if I order $250.00 worth of tires for my WINTER Mountain Bike.

Gotta say those look very monster truckish- and I mean that as a good thing... I don't know about this year, but as much as I ride, I'll prolly need new tires before next year.

I've also been looking at the 45North Husker Du's. They look decent, knobs aren't quite as big but they're supposed to track good, run a little bit lighter. (Yes, I'm aware of the irony. Drink your diet pop with your large pizza and let me have this one. Trying to keep my Large frame under 35 pounds with a 2X9 setup. Why? Heck, I really don't know!)

Here that click? I think that was Don upping the bar locally.

Last edited by Vibrato; 01-26-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

That is a sweet looking rig, holmes.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I think you need some bigger fenders there buddy!

Seriously these fenders piss me off. I may customize them a bit so they actually keep the mud off me

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Seriously these fenders piss me off. I may customize them a bit so they actually keep the mud off me
    Just get some heavy duty mud flaps. That should do the trick!

Bike: about $1500.00
    Car: about $1000.00
    priorities: in check
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    Bike: about $1500.00
    Car: about $1000.00
    priorities: in check
    I wish it was a thousand dollar car! Then Kyla would be fatbikin too!

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Mud?
    Last edited by Neiprider; 02-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Sometimes I encounter mud and/or water on my bushwhacking adventures.

Mud?
    Quote Originally Posted by neiprider View Post
    mud?
    jb

Besides snow, bushwhacking with a Fattie is the best. Like a damn monster truck. I have a Nate ordered for my pugs, rear only though. Qbp was out of stock, so don't know when I will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
    Mud?
    jb
    Mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Neiprider View Post
    Besides snow, bushwhacking with a Fattie is the best. Like a damn monster truck. I have a Nate ordered for my pugs, rear only though. Qbp was out of stock, so don't know when I will get it.
    Damn right! I put a Larry back on the rear to see how big a difference there is with rolling resistance. If my average speed doesn't increase then I'll just throw the Nate back on. It's easy to get spoiled by the abundance of traction.