The Quad Cities Women’s Outdoor Club Annual Meeting/Winter Social is this Thursday. I am personally inviting women who may have an interest in getting involved in the group. We do a boatload of fun things: rapelling, zip lining, team building, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up water paddling, hiking, road biking, mtn biking, camping, horseback riding, disc golfing, bowling, yoga, boot camp exercising, adventure race training, gun shooting, etc. It's a really cool club! It is the Women's Outdoor Club that prompted me to create the No Chick Left Behind sessions.

The winter social is tomorrow night (Thursday 1/19/12) at D’Alessandro's, 1524 – 4th Avenue, Rock Island (the old Duffy's, the old Putter's). QCWOC will provide a few yummy appetizers including meatballs and Italian sausage in D’Alessandro’s delicious red sauce, spinach dip, and bruchetta. There will also be a cash bar and you can always order dinner (but you have to pick up the tab for that). I have heard good things about the food at D’Alessandro's.

In addition to food and adult beverages, there will be door prizes, a slide show, and a preview of upcoming events planned for 2012. You will have the opportunity to order a QCWOC fleece.

Annual membership is $20 for those interested and opens the door to participating in many, many fun activities in the upcoming year.

Hope to see you there: D’Alessandro's (upstairs), Thursday 1/19 at 6:30 PM.

Bex