Thread: QC Women's Outdoor Club winter social/membership drive - Thursday 1/19/12 6:30

Default QC Women's Outdoor Club winter social/membership drive - Thursday 1/19/12 6:30

The Quad Cities Women’s Outdoor Club Annual Meeting/Winter Social is this Thursday. I am personally inviting women who may have an interest in getting involved in the group. We do a boatload of fun things: rapelling, zip lining, team building, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up water paddling, hiking, road biking, mtn biking, camping, horseback riding, disc golfing, bowling, yoga, boot camp exercising, adventure race training, gun shooting, etc. It's a really cool club! It is the Women's Outdoor Club that prompted me to create the No Chick Left Behind sessions.

The winter social is tomorrow night (Thursday 1/19/12) at D’Alessandro's, 1524 – 4th Avenue, Rock Island (the old Duffy's, the old Putter's). QCWOC will provide a few yummy appetizers including meatballs and Italian sausage in D’Alessandro’s delicious red sauce, spinach dip, and bruchetta. There will also be a cash bar and you can always order dinner (but you have to pick up the tab for that). I have heard good things about the food at D’Alessandro's.

In addition to food and adult beverages, there will be door prizes, a slide show, and a preview of upcoming events planned for 2012. You will have the opportunity to order a QCWOC fleece.

Annual membership is $20 for those interested and opens the door to participating in many, many fun activities in the upcoming year.

Hope to see you there: D’Alessandro's (upstairs), Thursday 1/19 at 6:30 PM.

Bex
    I wanna ride!

Talk about a success! The QC WOC is up to 204 members! And, to pique your interest ladies, here's a snippet of some of the cool things scheduled for the next few weeks (keep in mind that you have to be a paid QCWOC member to participate in their activities not held at public venues, but the membership is only $20 and roughly 1/3 of their activities are no charge, and keep in mind... you also get a discount at Active Endeavors):

Downhill Skiing
    WHEN: Sun, January 22, 2012, 10 am - 3 pm
    WHERE: Snowstar in Andalusia -- I am going to go and snowboard while they are getting their lesson. I know that Eric and Anna also plan to snowboard Sunday afternoon. Come on out!

Adult Ballet Class with Ballet Quad Cities
    WHEN: Thu, January 26, 2012, 6 pm - 7 pm
    WHERE: Ballet Quad Cities

FREE Trapping Educational Class
    WHEN: Sat, January 28, 2012, 10 am - 12 pm
    WHERE: Wapsi Environmental Center, Dixon, IA

Weight Lifting Class
    WHEN: Sun, January 29, 2012, 10am - 11am
    WHERE: DePaepe's Gym (World Class Fitness), Rock Island, IL

FREE Moonlight Cross Country Skiing & Snow Shoeing
    WHEN: Fri, February 3, 8 pm - 9 pm
    WHERE: Lake McBride Recreation Area
    Iowa City, IA

FREE Snowmobiling with the Scott County Sno Seekers
    WHEN: Sat, February 4, 11 am - 2 pm
    WHERE: Private Farm

FREE Country Line Dancing
    WHEN: Thu, February 9, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
    WHERE: Wildwood Smokehouse & Saloon
    Iowa City

Snow Boarding at Snowstar
    WHEN: Sun, February 19, 10 am - 3 pm
    WHERE: Snowstar in Andalusia

At the meeting last night, they had a list that went through May 2012 of all the activities panned and many are really neat. You can attend as many or as few activites as fits into your life. Last month we did yoga at Indigo in Moline and it was awesome! And, I notived that 8 people (E I G H T) ladies are already signed up to go to Ray's Indoor Mtn Bike Park for the Women's Skills Clinic in March. I have found the people in the club to be adventuresome, willing to try new things, supportive and most of all, FUN!

For more information about the QC Women's Outdoor Club, visit http://www.qcwoc.com/. DO check out the Photo Gallery to get an idea of the activities and the tremendous level of participation. This is good stuff!!
    Last edited by Bexter; 01-20-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    I wanna ride!