Thread: Saturday 1/14

Default Saturday 1/14

I want to go out and ride either Sylvan or SBP tomorrow morning but don't have a fat bike and this is the 1st time that I've tried to ride in the winter. Is it even worth it to try to ride with skinny tires? Which of the 2 trails would be better to ride? Anything else I should know?

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

We been riding in the snow for years without fat tires- go have fun! Sometimes you can ride in 8 inches if its powdery enough- sometimes if it's REALLY wet, 2 inches will give you fits. It all depends on the snow.

What to know- Hands, feet get cold easy, the rest of your body is working so it stays warm as long as you keep moving. I usually do 2 layers from the waste down, 3 light layers with the top one wind and water proof. I'd bring a jacket to go over it all in case it's not quite enough, too just to be sure. Extra warm boots and gloves though.

I usually have to stay seated and pedal hard. If I forget and try to stand up on a little hill, the instant my rear comes off the seat I lose traction at the rear wheel and have to stop.

And for the 1st ride ever in the snow- Sylvan is more forgiving than Sunderbruch, although once i remember to stay seated, I like riding Sunder in the snow A LOT!
    Have Fun!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.