Thread: Kickoff Party - HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Default Kickoff Party - HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Thank you to all who came out and supported the club tonight at our inaugural Membership Kickoff Chili Cook Off Party! I think it's a foregone conclusion that this event will become a staple in our annual party plans going forward.

I'm going by memory here, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. The awards went to:

#3: Best Chili - Amy "Dirt Rider" Cannady (#1 entry)
    #2: Best Chili - Scotty "Too Hotty" Schauffer (#15 entry)
    #1: Best Chili - Jake "I win everything I even think of entering" Ralfs (#7 entry). We'd all like to thank Mrs. Ralf's (Jake's mom) for entering!

Crappiest Chili and Winner of the coveted, Horse'sASS Award: Russhole "Assonfire" Bardsley! (#5 - I'm pretty sure...It's the one most of you gagged up)

Also, the award for oldest crock pot still in existence goes to contestant #10. You get a new crock pot. (Not really, but you should...My great, great grandma had a crock pot just like that! Sadly, it was destroyed in the Civil War.)

Big shout outs are owed to so, so many...First and foremost to all who showed up. After that, you have El Presidente, GRB, The Treasurer, EP, The Browns, Ray-Ray, AG, Mielke's....I probably am mistaken to mention anyone b/c I'm sure I left someone out. To all those who pitched in and organized Forcmeister's gift of a GF Sawyer: You are all top notch. To the Wren's: You are the siht! (The non-smelly kind).

To my wife, Aimster, I am so sorry for what I'm about to do to you as I'm just about ready to come to bed...When you lift the sheets tomorrow, I'm just sure you'll wish you were dead! Oh yeah, to all 16 PEEPS who brought chili and the countless others who brought various goodies: THANK YOU! And thanks for the rot gut, too! While I'm at it, I owe a big apology to all the patrons of Hero's Sports Bar tonight. If you were weeds in a cornfield, you'd all be dead right now...

Most of all, to our members: None of this would be possible without you. You rock! Please spread the word and encourage others to join the movement! We're doing big, big things in the coming months and need all the support we can get!

Lastly, to the 2011 Mountain Bike Fest Dodgeball DodgeTyre Tournament of Champions Champions: Thank you for gracing us with your presence. The fact that you guys showed up at our little event without demanding an appearance fee just goes to show what kind of class act you guys are. Really. Model citizens, you are. We all rightfully, and respectably, bow in your midst. You are simply the epitome of all that is right in the world. God bless you. All 4 of you; you righteous Sonsuvbitches!

Thanks everybody! Spread the word. We'll do it again in 2013!!!! (I literally just farted as I typed that last line...Whew! Oh...the heat...My GAWD! Dad would be proud of that one!) Good night!
    Last edited by Dirt; 01-15-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: for afterthoughts of greater hilarity
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I'm sure I forgot to mention a lot of people, but I MUST take sec to give a shout out to the OUT OF TOWNERS! It' s one thing to drive 10 minutes to GRB for a free beer, door prizes and chili. It's a whole 'nother thing to drive 1.5hrs each way to do it! You all are freakin' great, great people (with clearly no semblance of a home life!) We love you.

Also, to the "newbies": All the members who joined/renewed for the first time in the last 12 months: Thank you! You are the life blood of our club (and the latest in a long line of dipsihts to join our ranks). We appreciate your dedication (and ignorance) more than you will ever realize! See you on the trails!

Okay. I'm really going to bed now. "Honey! Here I come!!!!!!!" (Hope I'm still married on Monday). Oh man...One of my kids just started crying. [BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Dirt Don't Hurt

We will NEVER get rid of those crock pots. They will be at next years chili cook off. They bring out the flavor from days of yor. Plus it was alot of work to steal thoem from General Custer's tent.
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

Xterraman (cool name BTW), Mike and Frank from American Pickers called. They'd like to offer you $30 each for your little pieces of Americana you've got there. I think you can talk them up to $45.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

I'd like to say thanks again for the flask, it really means a lot to me, too have one with my name and everything is super cool. Now I'll be stylin' when I drink my Sailor Jerry. Yea, the flask carrier is not to bad either. You guys are the best.

FM
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

This took a lot of planning, and I know everyone who heard was thrilled to join in the fun. I've got the pdf's of Forcmeisters shirt, I'll try to get them posted tomorrow, It just ain't gonna happen today.

Personally, Mountain biking has changed my life and I became involved through a couple of buds that were into it. My wife and I became obsessed with it, and became passionate about building trails and riding throughout the country through FORC. I know Rick has felt dissappointment due to not being able to continue the system formerly at Loud thunder (due to numerous things) because that's where it all started, and while it may not have turned out the way he thought it would- Rick, what you did there matters. It started it all in the QC, and it changed my life in more ways than you will ever know. You're my local hero, man. And Joan, for all the support you've given him- you are too.

Thanks for everything you guys have done. The best measure of success for a volunteer organization is that when you decide it's time to back off a little bit, other people who share your dream step up to keep it going. Rick, Joan, it looks to me like there is no shortage of people who share your love of off-road cycling. Nice job!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

great times fo sho!

thanks to everyone that came

thanks to everyone that contributed to pull it off

and thanks to FORC cuz, like Vibrato says, you guys have changed my life. I have experienced more in the last 4 years than I had the previous 28 of my life. It's been an amazing ride so far...keep it going.

thanks again.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Great pics. Thanks for the share.
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

Just wanted to throw my 2 pennies in and say thank you to all that made the 2012 kickoff party a huge success. You guys know how to throw a party fo sho.

When I joined this club a few short years ago, I had no idea the impact it would make on me. I am a lot better off now that I have had the privilege to have gotten to know all of you and be a part of such a great club. This club means more to me than anyone knows. It was special seeing Rick and Joan receive their gifts. Thanks for having the foresight to start such a great thing. Thanks to you all.

Here's to many more!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Awesome club!
    Awesome people!
    Awesome party!
    Awesome chilli!
    Amazing tributes!
    Lifelong memories...
    Link to all the pics from the below sampling:http://www.qcforc.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=544

Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

That's a BAD ASS flask holder.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.