Thread: Snow is coming!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Snow is coming!!

If it snows tonight, I will be available to ride ANYTIME tomorrow!! I'll be taking the day off to ride by myself if I need to- I can't wait for this!!! I might even be up for a cedar rapids/Sugarbottom trip if the trails are open!

Cause if the trails are open, there's no reason to sit at home!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Beverly is a little rough with users (mostly deer) chopping up the top inch or so in places and quite a bit of tree debris, but nothing a fat bike can't handle... will even have a few new rocks in certain places depending how much we get done tonight. I'd imagine Sugar will be frozen solid as well. Sorry I can't join ya.

Lovely, the day I'm going to be flying into the Midwest (Rockford, IL... not QC this time) it's going to snow. You bring a bike up to Rockford I'll bike Rock Cut State Park with you Friday!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would join you but I ran over my only ridable bike.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

[Russhole]I would join you but I ran over my only ridable bike.]

Not that fine newrig?
    Get out and ride !!

Not the Specialized. That one is getting painted. I killed my Trek.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

YES!!! I rode Sunder this morning, and met Don for Sylvan this afternoon. Called Scocopa- they were still closed.

I got a little over 3 hours on the bike after doing Insanity this morning, so I'm going to go cramp up now! IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    YES!!! I rode Sunder this morning, and met Don for Sylvan this afternoon. Called Scocopa- they were still closed.

I got a little over 3 hours on the bike after doing Insanity this morning, so I'm going to go cramp up now! IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!
    whussy!

Just flipped the sign at Sugar Bottom. Open for business - Fatbikes gotta ride.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Got out tonight for my first real snow ride on my own fat tired bicycle. It had me remembering the days when i bought my Surly 1x1 and but Kenda Nevegal 2.7's (that was about as fat as they got back then) on it to ride in the snow along the mighty Fox River in Batavia, IL. Fast forward 10 years and the bike is the same color and the same brand but has gears and much bigger tires. But, I had the same **** eating grin on my face and the same stainless steel flask in my breast pocket as I tooled around Marion, IA tonight on some streets and some gravel trail and a bit of single track at Thomas Park (I saw ILT tracks there). I'll admit that riding through the deep snow took more power than I anticipated and has me thinking about tire pressure and that my gauge on my floor pump is not very accurate under 15lbs if at all. Regardless, I had fuggin great time and after a long work week so far it was just what the doctor ordered. I'm now finishing off a bottle of Merlot left over from the weekend and am not currently concerned about the mixture of Rye Whiskey and Red wine that precipitated this rambling post, but I'm sure I'll pay for it in the morning. But I'll worry about that then.

If anybody wants to brave the snow covered trails, I posted this ride earlier in the week

http://www.lambaonline.org/forum/vie...php?f=9&t=1766

As is evident by the responses, its popularity has not reached what I forecasted it to be. That could be either because of short notice, lack of interest, other engagments, or because everyone knows I'm a prick. But I figured I could make it all better with bacon. The point is, due to lack of popularity, I could easily bring my ass, my bike, and my four pounds of bacon to Sugarbottom on Saturday morning instead.

Dang, a bacon ride is an AWESOME idea!!!

Can't make this one, but dood, this could catch on with other parks and clubs. I bet Bacon rides could be as popular as Taco rides- and that's pretty darn popular!!