Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chili Cook Off at FORC Winter Party 1/14!!!

Default Chili Cook Off at FORC Winter Party 1/14!!!

We’re hashing out the details, but get your recipe together and your ingredients gathered now as we will be having a chili cook off at the FORC Winter Party next Saturday, 1/14 at Great River Brewery (party is from 4 – 8)!!!! There will be cash, prizes, and fun on the line! Who will have braggin’ rights for the next year as FORC’s Top Chili Chef?!? Please post up if you plan to enter. Keep an eye on this thread. Further details to follow shortly, or post if you have any questions.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

...and count me in as contestant #1.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Count the Mielke's as contestant #2.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Will it be like this?

Have you ever had Dirt Chili? Your chance is coming. Count me in for the cook off (Might as well win this, too.).
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Bring it! Bexter is in!
    I wanna ride!

Default You are all so lucky

EP and I will be out of town that weekend which will give someone else the chance to win the chili cook off this year. But next year, it is on...

Have fun!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I've got a stoopid hot recipe, I don't like hot that much, but every chili cook off needs at least one that is outrageously over the top. Aaand since I have been known on occasion to fit that description... IF, and ONLY if, no one else is making a REALLY hot chili, I will. But if your chili is hot, hot, hot... post up, and I'll make a really good one instead. Remember- REAL chili is made from road kill and does NOT have beans in it.

(Pfft. Beans IN Chilii, next they'll be making belt drive bicycles!)

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by acw4red View Post
    EP and I will be out of town that weekend which will give someone else the chance to win the chili cook off this year. But next year, it is on...

Have fun!
    Easy to say when you're not competing! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I've got a stoopid hot recipe, I don't like hot that much, but every chili cook off needs at least one that is outrageously over the top. Aaand since I have been known on occasion to fit that description... IF, and ONLY if, no one else is making a REALLY hot chili, I will. But if your chili is hot, hot, hot... post up, and I'll make a really good one instead. Remember- REAL chili is made from road kill and does NOT have beans in it.

(Pfft. Beans IN Chilii, next they'll be making belt drive bicycles!)
    Guess I've NEVER had chili cuz every chili I've ever eaten has had beans in it. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Guess I've NEVER had chili cuz every chili I've ever eaten has had beans in it. Ha!
    Heck- I know a couple of hardcore chili freaks who also won't allow any type of tomatoes, either! I got no problem when the chili has beans, but my wife isn't real big on me eating it!
    Last edited by Vibrato; 01-09-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I can smell that from here!

"Do you have to let it linger? do you have to? do you have to? do you have to let it linger?

"Do you have to let it linger? do you have to? do you have to? do you have to let it linger?
    Beans in Chili - OK, Cranberries... not so much.
    The Browns will bring a carribean influenced chili, so the aftermath will ring with the sound of steel drums!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    Beans in Chili - OK, Cranberries... not so much.
    The Browns will bring a carribean influenced chili, so the aftermath will ring with the sound of steel drums!
    But not smell of the fresh ocean breeze I assume.

The Buffenbargers will be there, and Tina will be making her awesome deer chili. Do we need to bring any bowls, spoons, cheese, sour cream, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by stevebuff View Post
    The Buffenbargers will be there, and Tina will be making her awesome deer chili. Do we need to bring any bowls, spoons, cheese, sour cream, etc?
    Fresh road kill I hope
    FORC will supply bowls, spoons, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. But if you want to feature your chili under a different cheese, bring it on. To the Chili!

Is it Saturday, yet?!? I'm getting hungry and thirsty and the Broncos are on at 7! It's gonna be a good day. Did I mention I'm going to win this cook off? The prizes are gonna be great!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Did I mention I'm going to win this cook off?
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    But if you want to feature your chili under a different cheese, bring it on.
    No Limburger, pahlease.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    OHHHHHHH Look at Bexter laugh right in Dirt's face!

Some good ole fashioned smack talk happenin' in here!

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    We’re hashing out the details, but get your recipe together and your ingredients gathered now as we will be having a chili cook off at the FORC Winter Party next Saturday, 1/14 at Great River Brewery (party is from 4 – 8)!!!! There will be cash, prizes, and fun on the line! Who will have braggin’ rights for the next year as FORC’s Top Chili Chef?!? Please post up if you plan to enter. Keep an eye on this thread. Further details to follow shortly, or post if you have any questions.

Cheers!
    Are there any other details yet?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    Are there any other details yet?
    make a chili

be there between 3:30 & 4 if you're bringing chili, otherwise be there at 4

the party is at a brewery so there will be beer...drink beer amongst like-minded bike crazy individuals

what other details do you need?

Last edited by jimithng23; 01-11-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: my grammar is bad, mmmkay

Do people need to keep their chili warm in some sort of electric warming pot or will there be some sort of flame gel warmer burners stands to put a pot on?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Yes, crock pot and bring a plug strip of you have an extra one.
    I wanna ride!