Thread: 2012 Sylvan Island Stampede Info

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Default 2012 Sylvan Island Stampede Info

It’s going to be another exciting year of XC racing.

Let’s get it all started with the Sylvan Island Stampede on April 15th!

This will be the 8th year for the Stampede and our goal is to create another great race like the years past. Get your bikes ready and put those miles in as there are a lot of races on the Iowa and Illinois schedule this year. With your support of racing, volunteering, or just being a great spectator, come out and join the fun!

Pre-registration is available. Click the SIS 8 Stampede Logo and get signed up early!

Below is the list of race categories and times.

* Maverick class does not payout or award series points
    ** Fat Bike class does not payout or award series points – Experimental

Lap Mileage is approximate and subject to change based on river levels

The Sylvan Island Stampede is a USAC sanctioned event. All rules and regulations apply.

Last edited by SweetSVT99; 02-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.

I'm signed up!!
    I wanna ride!

3. Default How hard is the race in the novice division???

Both my wife and I have done the Taming of the Slough, but we were wondering if the stampede would be a little to rough for us???? We ride for fun, and love going down to Sylvan and SBT but not sure on the skill level needed to do this race, we heard it is pretty tough....any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by arthurarinstar View Post
    Both my wife and I have done the Taming of the Slough, but we were wondering if the stampede would be a little to rough for us???? We ride for fun, and love going down to Sylvan and SBT but not sure on the skill level needed to do this race, we heard it is pretty tough....any suggestions?
    You can check out some videos here to get an idea of what the racing is like.

Race away..... Novice can be a competitive class just as any other..There are all skill levels that will be there... We have tried with the Maverick class to get more experienced racers out of novice. Don't let it be about a podium finish. Let it be about the experience of racing and pushing yourself. Have fun with it. Heck, I DNF'd my first novice race, almost put a rider in the river the second and have managed to break a chain every race at Sylvan...

Quote Originally Posted by arthurarinstar View Post
    Absolutely, try it! The thrill of racing is none other! The island is the PERFECT venue for a MTB race because spectators are everywhere. It makes it super fun! It is a great experience! Do it!!!!!
    I wanna ride!