Thread: Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike race at Levis Trow Mounds - March 3, 2012

Default Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike race at Levis Trow Mounds - March 3, 2012

Seems like everyone has got a fat bike these days, so how about checking out the Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race at Levis in March (annnnd... know that Gnome Fest won't be at Levis in 2012--- it's moving to 7 Mile Forest in Wausau):

http://www.levismound.com/newlevisnews.html
    http://fat-bike.com/2011/12/race-5-t...-levis-mounds/

SWEATY YETI SCHEDULE

Saturday March 3rd, 2012

Three person teams- Three hour race- 10-15 min laps.

$25.00 per person entry fee-proceeds to the Levis Mound Trail Club (NASTI).

9:00 – 11:00 – Pre-Ride the course –Singletrack, XC Ski Trail:

Test Track, Lower Glen, Dump, East Levis, Snodgrass. Transition at Chalet.

11:00 – Noon – Registration

Noon – Captain’s Draft Derby (to determine who picks first)

12:15 – Team Rider Draft (Team Captains pick riders like in 5th grade gym class)

Riders may bring their own three person team but captains may only “protect” one rider with a “franchise tag”. Others go into the rider pool…keep it fun!

The rules of this draft will have to be very flexible. We’ll need everyone’s cooperation during this phase of the process of getting the Captain/Rider ratio, basically even. If you have a fat-Bike-you may be a team captain!

1:00 – Race Starts – LeMans Start –something fun!

4:00 – Finish – The last Racer must cross the finish line at or before 4:00 PM - In the case that there is a tie for the total number of laps…..the tie breaker will be a Head to Head lap of Lucy’s Loop.

WHAT TO BRING

Only Fat-Bikes allowed on course.

Riders are NOT required to have their own Fat-Bike-teams will have their own pool of bikes. (riders of like size work well-teams may have one-two or three fat-bikes)

Fat-Bikes should all have flat pedals installed.

EZ-Ups with Sides – (If you have one) Let’s make a circle of EZ-Ups surrounding the huge Bon-Fire of love. We’ll have a couple of Torpedo heaters blasting too and the chalet to warm up in, and change clothes. Electric outlits inside for NESCOs coffee etc.

Winter camping on the mound or in the trailhead area is available.

Food and Water – Bring a portable BBQ if you like!

CLOTHING

Every sort of warm Cozy Winter Clothing you can find. This is not the time to skimp on what you bring out to the venue. Bring Chemical hand and foot warmers. Bring stuff you can ride in and stuff you can stand around and sip beer in. Bring out the big guns of your winter clothing arsenal.

Clothing Mathematics – 5-6 hours in the great out of doors –3 hour race – 10 minute laps with a 3 person team = riding 10 minutes + resting 20 minutes, divided by 3 hours = the number of dry base layers needed. Correct answer…..one ton of winter clothing.

Bring Extra Socks, Hats, Mittens….bring it all!

SCORING

We….or rather you (with counting assistance) will all be manually marking your score on large scoreboards that will be displayed in the transition area. Make sure you mark every lap (or it won’t count). We will have smart people there who can help teams count!

TRAIL PASS

The Levis Mound trail pass will be included in your entry fee on race day.

PLEASE REMEMBER

Levis Mound Trails will be open to skiing, riding and snowshoeing during the race. Be courteous to all other trail users and be safe at all times. The purpose of this event is to have fun…so please have FUN! This is our first try at a Non-WORS, Non-WEMS, Non-mega-Race. We will present awards to the team that has the most fun, as well as the team that rides the most laps.

In the spirit of fun, I ask that we all try to be as easy going as possible-this is not a NORBA National race. We’re going for an atmosphere of organized chaos…so a little ‘go with the flow’ would go a long way, to make this fun for everyone.

Sand Creek Brewing Company will have a keg of their delicious beer for us to enjoy. Please drink responsibly.
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Dang- THAT sounds like fun and in a pinch, you could do it in a day trip! Hmmmmm...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Don't forget about this one on Jan 21st. I'm planning on this one.

http://fat-bike.com/2011/12/race-2-w...ke-enduro-121/

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

HAHA!!!! On the flyer for the Snow Enduro in geneva it says "No facial hair requirements."

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    HAHA!!!! On the flyer for the Snow Enduro in geneva it says "No facial hair requirements."
    But its encouraged!
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!