Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bailey Hundo

Hell I don't really know you and its worth 10 bucks per the pic and story.
    THE BIKE?!?! You don't mention the bike, ahhhhh no news is good news. Either it came out perfect, or the driver's insurance is gonna buy you a branspankinnewone for an obvious clear-cut dry case of backing into a cyclist/pedestrian.
    Besto lucko in the hundo.

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Hell I don't really know you and its worth 10 bucks per the pic and story.
    THE BIKE?!?! You don't mention the bike, ahhhhh no news is good news. Either it came out perfect, or the driver's insurance is gonna buy you a branspankinnewone for an obvious clear-cut dry case of backing into a cyclist/pedestrian.
    Besto lucko in the hundo.
    Actually, the only damage to the bike was the front fork. I didn't even get a flat, and the wheel is true as can be! I hated that fork and had planned to upgrade soon here anyway. Oh, and for all those wondering I just checked my Garmin info... I was going 20 mph when I hit! I just came off a red light so I thought there was no way I was going faster than 15... guess all those V02max intervals are working. Pretty sure I was only going about 20 mph when I totaled my truck after a car ran a red light (this was during my pre-FORC days). Yep, glad I didn't break anything, and still baffled I didn't! I talked to the poor Xterra owner last night. I guess I destroyed the whole rear trunk door. Figured he'd be pissed after seeing all the damage and blood in the aftermath of it all, but he was still pretty cool about it. And for the record, if the cost to repair the vehicle is more than my hospital bills I'm considering myself to have won the fight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Man. Thought you and others were also making light of it. Don't think I called you a damn roadie and you wouldn't know but I don't consider roadie a derogatory term nor do i think people who ride rode bikes are lesser in any way. Lots of respect for all bikers. Just wanted to wish you luck and quick healing in my own quirky way.

Good luck and Hoping for a fast recovery for you. Thought and still think your story is inspiring and miraculous. Relieved that you are not much much worse. I can understand that your emotions are all over the map and how my message came across wrong. I was only trying to articulate that your post crash pic is one remarkable sight. Take care.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

+1

That is certainly a life altering experience you are are recovering from, and about as close to a life-ending one as I ever want to see anybody go through. You are a lucky man, and surely counting your blessings.

I just bumped you over your mark. Good luck in your race!

Now that is some good news!

dont forget to post the race GPS so us flat-landers can pretend over beers we could have rode that

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Sorry Man. Thought you and others were also making light of it. Don't think I called you a damn roadie and you wouldn't know but I don't consider roadie a derogatory term nor do i think people who ride rode bikes are lesser in any way. Lots of respect for all bikers. Just wanted to wish you luck and quick healing in my own quirky way.

Good luck and Hoping for a fast recovery for you. Thought and still think your story is inspiring and miraculous. Relieved that you are not much much worse. I can understand that your emotions are all over the map and how my message came across wrong. I was only trying to articulate that your post crash pic is one remarkable sight. Take care.
    Yeah, I took some pain killers and drank some beer and got over it. We're cool. Honestly, I think I just needed to rant. "Under observant roadie" just rubbed me the wrong way. Yeah, it was my fault, but really didn't want to hear it. I'm just glad it wasn't one of those rape vans with no windows in the back... there would of been gunchie and candy everywhere! Anyway, sorry for being a little b*tch for a second there. If i can get my wife to come to the midwest bike fest with me i'll bring some CO beer as a peace offering. Who likes Dale's Pale Ale!?

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    +1

That is certainly a life altering experience you are are recovering from, and about as close to a life-ending one as I ever want to see anybody go through. You are a lucky man, and surely counting your blessings.

Sweet! Thank you so much to everyone who donated! Money was going to be a little tight this month with the hospital bills so you have no idea how happy I am to not have to come up with funds myself to meet the goal. If anyone still wants to donate feel free. It's for a great cause, and $129 more I get arm warmers and a vest... ok, really not that important, but always nice to accessorize! Step one: raise funds, CHECK! Step two: train like mad man, CHECK! Step three: destory competetion without destroying myself... it's game on!

For your sake, I hope you can get enough for the vest and arm warmers because all of their apparel is really cool looking. Good luck with the race and see you at the fest!

Less than 24 hours! Thank you to everyone that donated!

Bailey Hundo: Big Day in the Cold and Rain

Good luck Gunch! Like a wise man once told me- get in your pain cave and push it!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Well, that was an awesome race! Read all about it here: Bailey Hundo: Race Report

Almost 11,000 feet of climbing????? OMG Gunch! Nice work!
    I wanna ride!