Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey Hundo

Default Bailey Hundo

So, as you all know, I race several endurance mountain bike races each year. This year I was accepted to the Bailey Hundo, a hundred mile race in Bailey, CO. They are only accepting 50-100 new racers this year, so I'm pretty excited I got in. One catch though, it's a charity race. Sooo, I kinda need all of your help here.

PLEASE go to this this link:
    Give For A Gunch!

Read my sob sorry, and give a little you have it! Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will get it started, $15.

Quote Originally Posted by dl1030 View Post
    I will get it started, $15.
    Sweet! Thanks man!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I had to bail on the 24 hours of Pueblo with you, the least I can do is throw a 20 in there. (Toss)

Have Fun, Gunch!! Ride fast, crash hard, die in a big ball of flames!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I had to bail on the 24 hours of Pueblo with you, the least I can do is throw a 20 in there. (Toss)

Have Fun, Gunch!! Ride fast, crash hard, die in a big ball of flames!!
    Yeah, the logistics was too much of a pain. If you're still interested in a 24 (or if anyone else is for that matter either) here are a two that are in CO:

http://elephantrockride.com/24_info.html June 1-2

http://www.24hoursofcos.com/ Sept 29-30

The 24 hours of EROCK would be perfect training race for my 100... hint, hint...
    Last edited by Gunchie; 12-28-2011 at 01:22 PM.

I don't want to completely hijack the thread- cause it's a good cause and I hope you make'em some money...

But has anyone heard if 9 mile is going to be a granny gear production this year or just put on by the locals. I've already got a lot of riding planned for 2012, but if Granny Gear is staying out of it, might be fun to get some teams together again... just sayin...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I don't want to completely hijack the thread- cause it's a good cause and I hope you make'em some money...

But has anyone heard if 9 mile is going to be a granny gear production this year or just put on by the locals. I've already got a lot of riding planned for 2012, but if Granny Gear is staying out of it, might be fun to get some teams together again... just sayin...
    Granny Gear went under last time I heard. It's the Wausau24 now, and yes, they are having a race in 2012: http://www.wausau24.com/

AAW Heck- I'm gonna be in Mexico that weekend. My luck w 24 hour races has gone slightly downhill as of late.

Finally! March! With day light savings and Spring just around the corner it's time to start thinking about the up coming mountain bike season!... and a perfect time for me to beg for money again! But first, a little update on how I've been preparing for the up coming season and for my charity race the Bailey Hundo. After an exciting cyclocross season I started out in January with a three week block of endurance training. I then took a week break before starting a eleven week training block leading up to my first race in April. So far I'm on week five and feeling stronger than ever! My focus this year has been power to weight ratio and I'm already down 21 pounds from the beginning of January. The goal is around 5-6% body fat to maximize my ability to climb without any unnecessary weight. With 12,746 feet of climbing in 102.47 miles this is key! With the Bailey Hundo coming up in June time is running out to support me in my cause to fight against under privileged children not being able to enjoy bike riding, and also to help support mountain bike advocacy. The future of bike advocacy is in our hands! Please consider donating to this life changing cause by going to following link:

Give For A Gunch!

Your donations are greatly appreciated!

if there's one thing the Colliers have ever been good at, it's this:

putting weight on, and taking weight off - both in a hurry!

that said, way to go on the weight loss!!! I bet you look sickly at that level of body fat. ;-)
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    if there's one thing the Colliers have ever been good at, it's this:

putting weight on, and taking weight off - both in a hurry!

that said, way to go on the weight loss!!! I bet you look sickly at that level of body fat. ;-)
    Thanks! Really kind of hoping I'll look ripped, but yeah, you're probably right on that one! I'll still look thicker than the twigs I race again though. Honestly all I had to do is eat 2000 calories a day like a normal person! Us Colliers can eat like no other so eating only 2000 calories seems like hardly eating. I swear, if I wasn't trying to be a pro endurance racer I'd be a professional eater instead. I still get my essential beer nutrients though so I'll live.

Just an update. Due to some confusion by PreRace making the registration live while still testing (all you IT professionals should be cringing right now), me registrating when they were testing, and the race director apparently being a rude prick stating "No exceptions" when I asked to use the URL I've been using for months now, the the old charity link will be taken down and will be replaced by this:
    Give For A Gunch!

All donations already made will be transferred over so don't freak out if it says $0 for charity given. As of 3/23 11:37 MST it is up to $110. Which means $140 is still needed to make my goal!

Ok, last beg-a-thon I'm going to do here. Only four weeks until the big race and I still need to raise $140. Seriously, anything you could give would be much appreciated. Just trying to take the sting off of the price difference here.

A Dollar Is Better Than Zero - Please Give

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Ok, last beg-a-thon I'm going to do here. Only four weeks until the big race and I still need to raise $140. Seriously, anything you could give would be much appreciated. Just trying to take the sting off of the price difference here.

A Dollar Is Better Than Zero - Please Give
    I could only spare 5 bucks. Good luck!

I got 5 on it!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Sweet! Thanks!

I put in $1 more than Ray so Ray and I will have something to talk about on the next road trip

Good luck!
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

You like to annoy Ray too!? I LOVE annoying Ray! Pretty good at it too! Thanks for contribution for my race, and more for contributing to getting under Ray's skin! Oh, and Ray, Trestle opens June 16th... you know you wanna.

I've been meaning to contribute for a looooooooong time, but procrastination seems to get the best of me. Anyway, I'm donating to help a good cause, and to help out a great friend! I encourage everyone who has not to do so. Time is running low for Gunchie to make around a hundred more George Washingtons!

Just in case some did not realize (I'm sure most of did), he is a very, very dedicated biker to these events. So much so, he rides in the rain, snow, whatever it takes.... He even rides on the ROAD. Which is a baaaaaaad idea in my opinion. He will even go through the rear glass of a Nissan Xterra! Please help this guy out!!! Thanks for reading my post and helping Gunchie make his goal.

Damn, that looks nasty.

Gunch, stick to dirt man, don't let the Tour De F-You take you out!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Oh, just to clarify... unfortunately..... yes unfortunately.... this was, well, um, Gunchie's untimely (and costly) mistake.

He was in a middle car lane and there was a merging car lane to his right. He wanted to be sure the merging car to his right saw him. So, he waited to make eye contact with the driver that was merging. Once that was achieved, he continued in the lane he was in. However, the traffic in front of him had completely stopped. With absolutely no reaction time to even get on the brakes, he went through the back of the stopped Nissan Xterra; landing fully in the back with only one foot out the now broken window... Gunchie looked up towards the driver and said...
    "Dude, I am sooooo sorry!"

60-some stitches later, Gunchie is ok, well, I guess that's a relative term! This happened Thursday evening around 6pm. Today, less than 3 full days later, he was bombing down White Ranch! That my fellow Forc'ers is commitment and dedication!!!

YEOWW! good thing your nipple rings didn't get torn off.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

GUNCHIE, I am SOOOO PROUD of you!!! For years cars have been ignoring bikers, Pulling out in front of us, passing too close, stopping in front of us for no reason...

AND YOU GAVE THEM ONE BACK!!! That'll teach those fat, oil company loving bastuds to stop in the middle lane!!! Next time you should superman clear through the front window and slap the silly driver on the back of the head as you go through!!!

Seriously, 60 stitches is bad but nothing broken and no facial scars to mar that handsomeface is pretty lucky. and uh, June 16th... that's good to know. I've got a lot of tough planning to do this year but the Gunchie trip is not one I'll give up.

$30. Good luck, Gunch. Try not to ride through the back of the pace car, Ok? Though it may seem like hitching a ride will get you there faster, it is, indeed, illegal per racing by laws.

Also hate to bag on your misfortune, but that picture of you... I can't get the image out of my head. Can't tell if you look like you are a super villain who just got your ass kicked by Spider Man, if you were hit by lightning, or if you were an under observant roadie who rode straight through the back window of a small SUV. Frankly, given the choice, I would have picked the latter option last.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    or if you were an under observant roadie who rode straight through the back window of a small SUV.
    Now now, don't be mean. I was looking to the right to make sure the car merging into my lane saw me. Traffic stopped abruptly in front of me. Running into the back of a SUV is still better than being run over by a merging car. It was just a bad situation in general. I know you're just making light of the situation, which I've been doing since the accident because it is pretty funny looking back at it (I am smiling in the picture even though I'm standing in an ER right before showering off shards of glass), but seriously if it were a car I hit I could of been dead. So, please, just a little respect. I am still battling with the insurance company about who going to take care of this poor guys vehicle, and looking at some pricey hospital bills you know. Pretty sure the 68 stitches, pulling bandages off of open wounds, and taking pain killers everyday is reminder enough that I should of just stopped and turned around when I saw the bad traffic. Had you waited until at least I got my stitches out to poke fun I'd be cool. So please, excuse me for not being too tolerate for being called a "damn roadie" at this time. Even through it all I still threw on an ACE bandage, gritted my teeth every time I came across rough terrain (which is a lot around here), and rode 6.5 hours on Monday. A little over 60 miles and 8500 feet of climbing on dirt in one day. Why? Because I have a hundred mile race in three weeks that a lot of people were grateful enough to give to my charity to do, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let them down. In my eyes I rather of died in that car crash than not do that race. I hate riding on the road, but it's necessary evil I have to take to pursue my dream of being an endurance mountain bike racer. I only ride rode one day a week, so for this to happen that one day is pretty frustrating. Man, I'm really sorry for snapping like this, and I really do appreciate the donation, but just like my accident, just really bad timing on this one.