Thread: Bailey Hundo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

$30. Good luck, Gunch. Try not to ride through the back of the pace car, Ok? Though it may seem like hitching a ride will get you there faster, it is, indeed, illegal per racing by laws.

Also hate to bag on your misfortune, but that picture of you... I can't get the image out of my head. Can't tell if you look like you are a super villain who just got your ass kicked by Spider Man, if you were hit by lightning, or if you were an under observant roadie who rode straight through the back window of a small SUV. Frankly, given the choice, I would have picked the latter option last.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    or if you were an under observant roadie who rode straight through the back window of a small SUV.
    Now now, don't be mean. I was looking to the right to make sure the car merging into my lane saw me. Traffic stopped abruptly in front of me. Running into the back of a SUV is still better than being run over by a merging car. It was just a bad situation in general. I know you're just making light of the situation, which I've been doing since the accident because it is pretty funny looking back at it (I am smiling in the picture even though I'm standing in an ER right before showering off shards of glass), but seriously if it were a car I hit I could of been dead. So, please, just a little respect. I am still battling with the insurance company about who going to take care of this poor guys vehicle, and looking at some pricey hospital bills you know. Pretty sure the 68 stitches, pulling bandages off of open wounds, and taking pain killers everyday is reminder enough that I should of just stopped and turned around when I saw the bad traffic. Had you waited until at least I got my stitches out to poke fun I'd be cool. So please, excuse me for not being too tolerate for being called a "damn roadie" at this time. Even through it all I still threw on an ACE bandage, gritted my teeth every time I came across rough terrain (which is a lot around here), and rode 6.5 hours on Monday. A little over 60 miles and 8500 feet of climbing on dirt in one day. Why? Because I have a hundred mile race in three weeks that a lot of people were grateful enough to give to my charity to do, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let them down. In my eyes I rather of died in that car crash than not do that race. I hate riding on the road, but it's necessary evil I have to take to pursue my dream of being an endurance mountain bike racer. I only ride rode one day a week, so for this to happen that one day is pretty frustrating. Man, I'm really sorry for snapping like this, and I really do appreciate the donation, but just like my accident, just really bad timing on this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.