Thread: Iowa Adventure Race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Iowa Adventure Race

This looks like a serious challenge here in Iowa. What do you guys and gals think?
    http://www.boonecrusher.com/

From there site:

8-Hour Course

•First 40 registrants or 10:59PM CT on 12/31/2011 whatever occurs first $65 per racer

•Regular Registration (ends at 10:59PM CT on 4/21/12): $85 per racer

12-Hour Course

•First 40 registants or 10:59PM CT on 12/31/11 whatever occurs first $80 per racer

•Regular Registration (ends at 10:59PM CT on 4/21/12): $100 per racer

race will involve paddling, trail running/trekking, mountain biking and navigation.

So let me get this straight, they want me to pay money for a race where I have to navigate?! F@*! that! If I'm giving you that much money you better damn well mark the coarse! I rather do this: Trans Iowa. Oh, and look, it's FREE!!! Why? Because they know it's insane to charge people in a race they have to navigate! Plus, Mr. 24 aka Jeff Kerkove (If you don't know who this is, you best click here and educate yourself!) helped put this race together and still helps even in his pro racing days.
    Last edited by Gunchie; 12-22-2011 at 08:52 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Gunch, I really miss you, man!

Yeah- Navigate... that's what they make the co-pilot seat for.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.