Thread: Tough Mudder

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Tough Mudder

Now that the Warrior Dash sign up is out of the way- Me, my Bro- Jamie, and Kristin are signing up for Tough Mudder. It’s $90.00 till December 31st, then it goes to $110.

Its in Southern Missouri, we plan to run on Saturday September 15th, so we can relax on Sunday. We’re not planning to sign up as a team, but we can do the race together as a group, if anyone else want to join in the fun.

Let us know if you want to do it, and get signed up so we can coordinate the trip. (We know there are closer events, but Indiana is in March- cold and too close, Wisconsin and Minnesota are in October-I don’t wanna do a wet race in the cold and I "may" be in Moab, Utah at least 10 days in October.)

Info here: http://toughmudder.com/events/missouri-2012/

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

We're set up to have people join our team- "Pour Intention". If you'd like to be a part of it, PM me and I'll set you up with a password to join our team, ALL ARE WELCOME, and we'll be piling intogether just like an MTB trip to get there. Probably leave the Friday night before and crash in hotel or camground.

Toughmudder is NOT a race, its a challenge. 3 out of 5 people who start don't finish, and you cannot clear some of the obstacles without help- like the 12 ft high walls with no handholds.

Before each event, all participants are asked to recite the following pledge[1]:

As a Tough Mudder I pledge that…

I understand that Tough Mudder is not a race but a challenge.
    I put teamwork and camaraderie before my course time.
    I do not whine – kids whine.

Join up!
    I help my fellow Mudders complete the course.
    I overcome all fears.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Which one are you planning on doing? Indiana, WI, twin cities?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

That is a truly bad ass event and I'm gonna this some serious thought. So are you planning on treating this as a team race or a team challenge?

Michelle, I believe he's planning on mo.

Yeah- Poplar Bluff Missouri, September 15th, 9:40 start time. You can register as a part of our team- which means we'll be getting tired and dirty while helping each other out as best we can all the way. If you decide to sign up, PM me so I can give you the password to register as part of our team (no extra cost, just for the fun of it) and we'll see if we can make it to the end before they disqualify us!

I've had 3 FORCers approach me personally, thinking about signing up so I'm gonna make this real easy- Here's how to sign up- go to Toughmudder.com and click "events" at the top of the page.

When the map loads, click on the US.

When the map loads, click on the stick pin in southern Missouri.

Then click "Participants Register Now" -DON'T click the "sign up now" tag in the upper right hand corner- it takes you to a different area.

Then in the right column, Click "join an existing team"

Click the drop down for team names and hit "Pour Intention"

The password is "drinkemup".

After that, it's a typical sign up, your spot is not "held" until you pay for it. Last day for early bird price is December 31st, 2011.

It's not a race, but it is set up and marketed as a challenge that requires teamwork and common goals to get through. No one would enter this thing without training for it yet on average, 78% of the people who start will not complete the entire course. That just a hair shy of 4 out of 5 people giving up at some point and not being able to do it. Our goal is to do the best we can on every obstacle, helping each other out as needed.

Most people in FORC know I was good and fat for a good many years. Now I do things I couldn't have dreamed of 10 years ago, and 5 years ago I thought a 20 mile MTB ride was outrageous. Now I've done over 200 miles off road in one day, and I've been able to see a good line and ride obstacles that a 46 year former fatty and 2 pack a day smoker should probably keep their brittle bones off of- but it's so dang much fun I can't resist.

You ever think about physical fitness and think "if I was only in high school again..."? Well in 10 years (or 20, or 30) are you going to think about physical fitness and say "if only I was that age again..."? Someday never comes so maybe it's time to find out what you're capable of. Sign up for a hard event. Train for it. Do it. If you decide to do this event, I'll be there too.

I believe in you.

Ray! you got me thinking man!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustice View Post
    Ray! you got me thinking man!
    Me. Too.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Cool! I admit I'm a little concerned about being able to finish it, but we've got at least one chick signed up already who has done it before and she's doing it again. I'm hoping she'll be able to give us some guidance! And help drag my fat rear end over the walls!!

How many people are signed up in your group?

I think I've only gotten 3 notices for sign ups so far. It's not until September so there's plenty of time, I just wanted to let anyone who might be able to commit this early that the 1st price increase is Saturday at midnight.

A dood at work and his buddy considering it, and my Bro's got a few doods he works with cthinking on it. No limits though- if you're reading this- your invited. I'm trying to talk K-rud, Bex and Poof into it, but so far they're settling for the Warrior Dash, which is a good challenge, too!

I'm officially in!!!!!! And I believe I'll have a brother and a buddy joining the carnage as well!

Sweet! I emailed you.

How was the sign up? tough? Easy? I'm a HUGE critic of difficult to navigate websites and this one worked really well for me. Was wondering what you thought.

Also- Thanks to FORC for letting us run this non-bike/beer related thread. Just shows that FORC is about better health, community and camaraderie. we just put a special emphasis on off road cycling. and beer.

Schedule conflict....that's the same day as the Taming of the Slough right here in Moline, otherwise I'd love to do Tough Mudder. I heard you should keep your head down through the part where you get electrocuted....I guess getting zapped in the face will take a person down! Have fun with this! Hehe!

I'm giving up the taming this year to do the tough mudder, something new and exciting! Michelle Your already the Queen of the slough are you sure your not ready for a new challenge?

I'm in! Signed up today before the price went up. (By the way, I'm SteveBuff's buddy.) Can't wait for it!

We're at 7 people on team Pour Intention! Now we just need to get in shape...

Oh thank god, the hard part is over!

Tough Mudder Wisconsin registration just opened up today. It's in Cascade, WI (4 hrs away) on September 8th and 9th. I don't suppose there's any chance, even if y'all wanted to, of changing your venue for your team? Preregistration discount code is "WI12PreReg" and it's good for 10 bucks off registration until January 12th.

Michelle I'd say we are locked in, but it's not to late for you to join team pour intension!