Thread: Borrow a Trainer for a 29'er

Default Borrow a Trainer for a 29'er

Hey FORCer's,
    My wife Janel is interested in trying to spin at one or two of the places mentioned at the last meeting. Would anybody have one they are not using? she would like to try and see if its something she would be interested in doing longterm. Does anybody know possibly where they offer classes in town to try?
    Thanks

I just checked one of mine, and it just barely clears a 29x2.2 Bontrager tire. If she's going to use her MTB, she's going to want to grab a street tire (slick) to use with the trainer. If she tries to use a knobbie, she's going to give everyone within a 2 mile radius a pounding headache.

She's welcome to borrow this one, it's a cheapo Mag trainer from Dunham's, but works great.

Lots of places offer spin classes. The Davenport West YMCA has RPM classes which are terrific! Don't recall the cost. The Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, Golds Gym and places like that also offer spin classes. I know that Laurel Darren is putting together a spin opportunity, not so much a class, on Saturday mornings from 7-10 at the Great River Brewery garage. From my understanding, it's basically a set up your gear and spin with others at any point in that time frame but not necessarily a class. Donation for charity required for that one. Last, Trek Store in Davenport offers a Misery Loves Company roadie spin class in the winter on Tuesday nights from 6-7 PM. This is a serious awesome kick-butt spin opportunity that I LOOOOVE. Bring your bike, trainer, towel and hydration. Good stuff!
    I wanna ride!

Thanks for the information and offer to loan trainer. I think the holiday scramble might delay for a bit. I will let you know.

My wife and I do spin class at the davenport west Y on Thursday evenings at 6:30 the instructor is great we enjoy it. You can check their website for details.