Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatbikes... Wow

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Fatbikes... Wow

Seems like the fatbike bug has been caught!! Just off the top of my head I count 7 fatbikes now?

I got my new Rolling daryl wheelset on with the cutouts and green rimstrip. It turned out pretty good!I got he pic to upload to the FORC site, but i ain'ts gotten enough odat dere skulin to make its work here!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Fat bike, Best bike ever! Go anywhere, and the most trail friendly bike ever! Can't wait for a good snow, but it could be my best year round bike too.

JB

Fat bikes are sooo much better than fat butts! However, my excitement for snow comes from my newly acquired snow board! Can't wait for this winter to happen!!!!!!!
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Seems like the fatbike bug has been caught!! Just off the top of my head I count 7 fatbikes now?

I got my new Rolling daryl wheelset on with the cutouts and green rimstrip. It turned out pretty good!I got he pic to upload to the FORC site, but i ain'ts gotten enough odat dere skulin to make its work here!
    Is this what you wanted posted:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THATS IT!!! Thanks Gunch!

I just had to go with Alien green.

These are my tires- Larry- and this is my Rolling Daryl and this is my other Rolling Daryl.

Its a fatbike/ Bob Newhart joke. Not really worth explaining...
    Last edited by Vibrato; 12-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I believe fatbikes are the future of mountain biking. I can see it splitting off into more categories, like calling fatbiking "All-terrain bicycling" and a typical mountain bike will be called XC or trail bikes since they are more or less confined to the trails.

But yea, I rode a Mukluk 3 and I had a revelation, which I promptly cleaned up, then went in to the store and put it on layaway. Picking it up next Thursday!

All terrain bike... literally

Ray, that bike is sick!!!!! I want one.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

FATBIKERS!!! I started a new blog called Fat Tire IA where I'll be blogging my fatbike adventures. If any of you have google accounts and want to be made a contributor to the blog please let me know by private message.

...These are my tires- Larry- and this is my Rolling Daryl and this is my other Rolling Daryl.

Its a fatbike/ Bob Newhart joke. Not really worth explaining...
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

nice to see all the fatties being rolled.We all need to hit some trails or gravel.I have a pr of size 45 shimano mt 91 boots if anyone is looking for a great winter boot.Like hiking boots with cleats.goretex for 130$ used one season also 2 endos used but not too abused.great for someone wanting to stud up for winter ice.90$ for the pr 528 0875

Default boots

Quote Originally Posted by bnelson View Post
    nice to see all the fatties being rolled.We all need to hit some trails or gravel.I have a pr of size 45 shimano mt 91 boots if anyone is looking for a great winter boot.Like hiking boots with cleats.goretex for 130$ used one season also 2 endos used but not too abused.great for someone wanting to stud up for winter ice.90$ for the pr 528 0875
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=47344

Here's a better pic from Scocopa EARLY Sunday Morning while the ground was still frozen.
    Bikes always look prettier in their natural habitat...

Well- I got it posted, now if I could only size it appropriately! HA!

Here's a better pic from Scocopa EARLY Sunday Morning while the ground was still frozen.
    Bikes always look prettier in their natural habitat...

Well- I got it posted, now if I could only size it appropriately! HA!
    Go to the picture you put on the qcforc.org Photo Gallery, copy the Medium Image link and paste in the post:

Gunchie! If you keep doing it for him, he'll never learn!

And it comes complete with a flask to help you fight off the winter cold. Nice!
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

You really need one Russhole, best bike ever! Mine's not that nice but it's a fatbike and that's all that counts!
    I really think Santa is more of a Surly kind of guy with the beard and all! He's old and old guy's like steel!

JB

Got one of these myself. Stock Surly Pugsley. If I ever trash the wheels, I'll get some of those Daryl's. It truly is an anytime bike and I was anticipating that. Now I just pretty much keep it in my van all the time. I used it on Sunday to roll through an area that we'll be expanding trails into at Squaw Creek in Marion. Worked great. Now for some friggin snow. Glad Ray posted the flask pic. I was thinking mine wouldn't fit along with a waterbottle. Now I know better.

http://www.pinkbike.com/v/180287
    great vid epic pugsley ride!

Quote Originally Posted by konabiker View Post
    http://www.pinkbike.com/v/180287
    great vid epic pugsley ride!
    at first i was like "WTF a video of a guy watching a video??" then the epic happened

i may need to get me one since i've been riding my carbon fiber road bike through snow, down stairs, and off road rooty icy singletrack...it's the only bike i have that doesn't have a flat tire and before this month, i haven't been riding it at all! do they make a carbon fiber fat tire bike? i need one with carbon fiber wheels as well hahaha! hohoho!

Quote Originally Posted by konabiker View Post
    i may need to get me one since i've been riding my carbon fiber road bike through snow, down stairs, and off road rooty icy singletrack...it's the only bike i have that doesn't have a flat tire and before this month, i haven't been riding it at all! do they make a carbon fiber fat tire bike? i need one with carbon fiber wheels as well hahaha! hohoho!
    I don't know about carbon, but Moots makes a Titanium one:

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    I don't know about carbon, but Moots makes a Titanium one:
    That looks very, very, expensive. Also needs a different color fork.

that video kicked a$$
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."