Thread: Contour helmet cam for $99!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Contour helmet cam for $99!!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...rkey=c256-0002

Good camera, mounting hardware not the greatest but that problem exists with most stock cameras. if you buy you WILL want an extra bettery, a 8 or 16g micro sd and a computer with a program to edit .mov's and the power to run it. you can download BASIC editing software, but it won't get you far.

research the bells and whistles, mine does 480 @ 60 fps or 720 @ 30 fps. the new ones that are just out do 480, 720, 1080, AND gps you as you film for downloading on google earth.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Got any sample video on youtube or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    thanks wiseass! =P

but i want to see rays results! :sunglassesshimmeringsmiley:

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Got any sample video on youtube or anything?
    Will this do?
    I think he used his Contour for most of it if not all? (Best video EVER!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUBRc2UJ_M
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

(Best video EVER!!!)
    I'll second that.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I've been hearing rumors we're going there again in 2012
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Kyla and I will be taking vacation May 12th thru 28th in the Moab area...

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...rkey=c256-0002

Good camera, mounting hardware not the greatest but that problem exists with most stock cameras. if you buy you WILL want an extra bettery, a 8 or 16g micro sd and a computer with a program to edit .mov's and the power to run it. you can download BASIC editing software, but it won't get you far.

research the bells and whistles, mine does 480 @ 60 fps or 720 @ 30 fps. the new ones that are just out do 480, 720, 1080, AND gps you as you film for downloading on google earth.
    just got mine in the mail today! woohoo!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Sigh. Every time I watch this, I wanna go again! Some of this footage is from my old handi cam, the contour footage has been run through a processor to make it compatable with software that edits AVI's but not .mov's etc. So- while this video turned out pretty cool, i think, it really doesn't show what the camera is capable of. Good Mounting is crutial and I've struggled with that.

Also- I came back from the trip shown with like 20 or 30 hours of video. That takes about 40 to 60 hours just to do the 1st edit- just to get rid of the waste. That doesn't count ANY real editing into a timeline or storybook. Having a camera you can turn on and forget about is great! And it stinks! BOTH at the same time! LOL

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.