Thread: Nominations & Elections for our 2012 Board/Officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the clarification!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Thanks for the nomination for Vice President. I am interested in serving the club this way.

If you read the job descriptions for the board positions Vice President duties include "memberships issues". This will be my primary focus of my year in office. There is some potential overlap with Treasurer duties "keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses" are specifically listed. However I am assuming that we could work together.

Let's use both carrots and sticks to motivate people to pay their dues regularly, and on time. We have many events and gatherings throughout the year that we can use as a "call to action" and get people to sign up. I have ideas to make our membership more valuable to potential new members.

I like that on the forum we have begun to recognize those that are paying dues, and also encouraging those that are active in our club through web participation to become a member.

Having a list of paid members and knowing how many there are will help when raising funds for races, festivals and other events we to participate in, or when asking for money for projects.

A key to this is having membership cards. Some progress has been made in this area and just needs a push. Let's make sure every paid member gets a cool ID card!

A personal goal of mine would be to have 100 PAID members by the end of next year!! This will take work on your part but I will give you some tools and ideas to make it possible for our club to achieve.

Also note that one person can hold two offices. It would be my intent to continue as Insurance Manager. This position requires very little time. Handling the annual renewal and giving qualified advice on club activities and how they may effect our exposure to claims are the things I have done.

Thanks,
    Eric Perry
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Thanks for the nomination for Vice President. I am interested in serving the club this way.

If you read the job descriptions for the board positions Vice President duties include "memberships issues". This will be my primary focus of my year in office. There is some potential overlap with Treasurer duties "keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses" are specifically listed. However I am assuming that we could work together.

Let's use both carrots and sticks to motivate people to pay their dues regularly, and on time. We have many events and gatherings throughout the year that we can use as a "call to action" and get people to sign up. I have ideas to make our membership more valuable to potential new members.

I like that on the forum we have begun to recognize those that are paying dues, and also encouraging those that are active in our club through web participation to become a member.

Having a list of paid members and knowing how many there are will help when raising funds for races, festivals and other events we to participate in, or when asking for money for projects.

A key to this is having membership cards. Some progress has been made in this area and just needs a push. Let's make sure every paid member gets a cool ID card!

A personal goal of mine would be to have 100 PAID members by the end of next year!! This will take work on your part but I will give you some tools and ideas to make it possible for our club to achieve.

Also note that one person can hold two offices. It would be my intent to continue as Insurance Manager. This position requires very little time. Handling the annual renewal and giving qualified advice on club activities and how they may effect our exposure to claims are the things I have done.

Thanks,
    Eric Perry
    Everything you listed is the treasures position. Are you sure you dont want that position? Seems to make more since.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.