First, I would like to thank all of the board members for their amazing work this year. We had big shoes to fill hosting the Midwest Mtn Bike Festival and I believe we triumphed in absolute FORC style! FORC also hosted an outstanding Sylvan Island Stampede (with record numbers), and we are working with Cornbelt Running Club and the Quad Cities Bicycle Club to see what challenges our three clubs can make possible for the competitive at heart in 2012. Think offroad duathlon… We also did a little HFDB TT’ing, enjoyed a number of fun away trips, made contributions to a number of charities, and we even taught some people how to ride mtn bikes. Shocking, I know, given that WE don’t really know how to ride mtn bikes!! Kidding! Kidding! Kudos to EVERYONE for what I’d call an impressive year marked by an even more outstanding membership! If memory serves me, a champion was even crowned at the Illinois Homegrown Series awards ceremony who hailed from good ol’ FORC! I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store for us and for biking in the Midwest!

Drum roll, pahlease….

Nominations for our 2012 Officers (excluding the Race Director which has already been voted upon) will be accepted between now and the December General Membership Meeting, 6:30pm, Monday Dec. 5th at Sippi’s in Davenport, IA. Please post your nominations on this thread. Officer Elections will take place at our December General Membership Meeting on Dec. 5th with the new board taking their positions in January. So, put your thinkin’ caps on and let’s get this party started!!

Any FORC member may be nominated / run for an officer position in FORC even if the position is currently filled. That’s why we have elections in the event that we have more than one person interested in a position! Do know that the office of Treasurer WILL be available as Ryan Cannady has put in his time and wants more time to spend with his growing family. And, the office of President COULD be available… PLEASE PLEASE (come on, there’s got to be someone out there that has interest in being a mover and shaker of FORC). A great man once said that it's healthy for clubs to rotate members through their board as it helps build overall understanding of club issues, introduces new ideas, and prevents burnout.

Any two (2) or more offices may be held by the same person EXCEPT the offices of President and Secretary.

Duties put forth in our bylaws (http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?130):
The President’s duties include organizing and setting the agenda for board and general membership meetings, promoting trails and other land use issues, trail maintenance, race promotion and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers.

The Vice President's duties include membership issues, fundraising, and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers. The Vice President will also support the duties of the president.

The Treasurer’s duties include bookkeeping, making payments and deposits, keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers.

The Secretary’s duties include keeping minutes of the monthly meetings, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

The Web Director’s duties include website maintenance and design, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

The Public Relations Manager is responsible for new member promotion, media contacts, press releases, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

The Insurance Manager is responsible for all aspects of club liability and insurance issues, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

2011 Officers:
President - Becky “Bexter” Bernard
Vice President - Aaron “AG” Griesenbeck
Treasurer - Ryan “Dirt” Cannady
Secretary - Carol “Mudpixie” Brown
Web Director - Steve “Steve-o” Holland
Race Director - Rick “FORCMeister” Wren
Insurance Manager - Eric “EP” Perry
Public Relations Manager - Russ “Russhole” Bardsley

Appointed Positions:
Illiniwek Park Steward – Drew “Berminator” Hanson
Scott County Park Steward - Aaron Griesenbeck