Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nominations & Elections for our 2012 Board/Officers

Exclamation Race Director needed!

Thank you Eric for your interest and drive to move FORC another step further into the ranks of awesomeness!

We have a bit of a reprogamming to do. Rick Wren, affectionately known as FORCMeister, has created quite a legacy founding FORC and guiding us for the better part of 15 or 16 years. His most recent accomplishment has been to be FORC's Race Director. He's got a new life now with grandbabies and he wants to devote more time to his family. He has decided to step down as Race Director. Most assuredly a loss for us, but we understand.

So... the Race Director position is now open and nominations are being accepted. We are only having one race this year -- the Sylvan Island Stampede, though the RD is also involved in the Taming of the Slough in September each year. If you're considering the job but would like to know more about it, touch base with Rick for more information. His user ID on the forum is FORCMEISTER. PM him.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Thanks for the nomination for Vice President. I am interested in serving the club this way.

If you read the job descriptions for the board positions Vice President duties include "memberships issues". This will be my primary focus of my year in office. There is some potential overlap with Treasurer duties "keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses" are specifically listed. However I am assuming that we could work together.

Let's use both carrots and sticks to motivate people to pay their dues regularly, and on time. We have many events and gatherings throughout the year that we can use as a "call to action" and get people to sign up. I have ideas to make our membership more valuable to potential new members.

I like that on the forum we have begun to recognize those that are paying dues, and also encouraging those that are active in our club through web participation to become a member.

Having a list of paid members and knowing how many there are will help when raising funds for races, festivals and other events we to participate in, or when asking for money for projects.

A key to this is having membership cards. Some progress has been made in this area and just needs a push. Let's make sure every paid member gets a cool ID card!

A personal goal of mine would be to have 100 PAID members by the end of next year!! This will take work on your part but I will give you some tools and ideas to make it possible for our club to achieve.

Also note that one person can hold two offices. It would be my intent to continue as Insurance Manager. This position requires very little time. Handling the annual renewal and giving qualified advice on club activities and how they may effect our exposure to claims are the things I have done.

Thanks,
    Eric Perry
    Everything you listed is the treasures position. Are you sure you dont want that position? Seems to make more since.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I don't care what my title is. These could be added to the Insurance Manager position as all job descriptions end "other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers"

I am not going to doing any accounting or bookkeeping so that precludes me from the Treasurer.

I don't care if I am in official board position. I would still be willing to carry out these items and coordinate with others. You could assign me as special committee or an appointed position.

It's not that I want to do them. I would rather just give someone all my ideas and let them implement. However I feel these things are EXTREMELY important to our organization so I am WILLING to do them.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I'd like to nominate myself for President of the Colorado division of FORC (COFORC). My duties will be to organize a trip to my house once a year so FORC members can experience Colorado mountain biking as cheaply as possible. Since this is a completely fictional position and holds no true responsibly, I think you will all agree I am the perfect fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gunchie View Post
    i'd like to nominate myself for president of the colorado division of forc (coforc). My duties will be to organize a trip to my house once a year so forc members can experience colorado mountain biking as cheaply as possible. Since this is a completely fictional position and holds no true responsibly, i think you will all agree i am the perfect fit.
    second!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

With Forcmiester's recent resignation (long live the KING!) FORC is in need of someone to fill his spot as Race Director.

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate Kings & Neips to fill FMs shoes.

Two people for one position you ask?

Ayup.

Ask yourself this: self, when was the last time you heard of something Kings did without Neips in the same sentence, and vice versa? They're two peas in a pod, one and the same.

Five years ago these doods dominated the Novice class. Then they stepped up to Sport and had trouble finding riders worthy of competition. The last two years, they've been honing their skills in the Expert class. These guys are dialed in on the pulse of the racing scene.

Who better to coordinate FORC's races than Kings & Neips?

Kings & Neips for 2012 Race Director(s).

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

I double second that

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    With Forcmiester's recent resignation (long live the KING!) FORC is in need of someone to fill his spot as Race Director.

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate Kings & Neips to fill FMs shoes.

Two people for one position you ask?

Ayup.

Ask yourself this: self, when was the last time you heard of something Kings did without Neips in the same sentence, and vice versa? They're two peas in a pod, one and the same.

Five years ago these doods dominated the Novice class. Then they stepped up to Sport and had trouble finding riders worthy of competition. The last two years, they've been honing their skills in the Expert class. These guys are dialed in on the pulse of the racing scene.

Who better to coordinate FORC's races than Kings & Neips?

Kings & Neips for 2012 Race Director(s).

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    This was exactly the substance of an email I sent to Kings and Neips yesterday morning. They both immediately came to mind upon hearing the crummy news about FORCMeister. Kings is considernig and was going to talk to Neips. Fingers crossed...
    I wanna ride!

bumping this thread to the top...

elections coming up next Monday so come on out and vote, make your voice heard!

....and unlike the federal government, we don't fix our elections ;-)

I'll tell you one thing we won't have to vote on: Who will be the 2011 Midwest Mountain Bike Festival 2011 First Annual Mountain Bike Tire Dodgetyre Tournament of Champions Champions? That's already been settled on the field of battle. The champs are Jake Ralfs, Chris George, Dru B, and Yours Truly. Until next June, it's our world. The rest of you are just dodging tires.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I'll tell you one thing we won't have to vote on: Who will be the 2011 Midwest Mountain Bike Festival 2011 First Annual Mountain Bike Tire Dodgetyre Tournament of Champions Champions? That's already been settled on the field of battle. The champs are Jake Ralfs, Chris George, Dru B, and Yours Truly. Until next June, it's our world. The rest of you are just dodging tires.
    The gauntlet is down... If you have not yet done so, mark your calendars for the 2012 Midwest Mtn Bike Fest to witness this momentous demonstration!
    I wanna ride!

And, don't forget to come see everyone tonight at Sippi's to vote in the 2012 Board (6:30 PM). See you there!! Whoo hoo!!!!
    I wanna ride!