Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nominations & Elections for our 2012 Board/Officers

Default Nominations & Elections for our 2012 Board/Officers

First, I would like to thank all of the board members for their amazing work this year. We had big shoes to fill hosting the Midwest Mtn Bike Festival and I believe we triumphed in absolute FORC style! FORC also hosted an outstanding Sylvan Island Stampede (with record numbers), and we are working with Cornbelt Running Club and the Quad Cities Bicycle Club to see what challenges our three clubs can make possible for the competitive at heart in 2012. Think offroad duathlon… We also did a little HFDB TT’ing, enjoyed a number of fun away trips, made contributions to a number of charities, and we even taught some people how to ride mtn bikes. Shocking, I know, given that WE don’t really know how to ride mtn bikes!! Kidding! Kidding! Kudos to EVERYONE for what I’d call an impressive year marked by an even more outstanding membership! If memory serves me, a champion was even crowned at the Illinois Homegrown Series awards ceremony who hailed from good ol’ FORC! I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store for us and for biking in the Midwest!

Drum roll, pahlease….

Nominations for our 2012 Officers (excluding the Race Director which has already been voted upon) will be accepted between now and the December General Membership Meeting, 6:30pm, Monday Dec. 5th at Sippi’s in Davenport, IA. Please post your nominations on this thread. Officer Elections will take place at our December General Membership Meeting on Dec. 5th with the new board taking their positions in January. So, put your thinkin’ caps on and let’s get this party started!!

Any FORC member may be nominated / run for an officer position in FORC even if the position is currently filled. That’s why we have elections in the event that we have more than one person interested in a position! Do know that the office of Treasurer WILL be available as Ryan Cannady has put in his time and wants more time to spend with his growing family. And, the office of President COULD be available… PLEASE PLEASE (come on, there’s got to be someone out there that has interest in being a mover and shaker of FORC). A great man once said that it's healthy for clubs to rotate members through their board as it helps build overall understanding of club issues, introduces new ideas, and prevents burnout.

Any two (2) or more offices may be held by the same person EXCEPT the offices of President and Secretary.

Duties put forth in our bylaws (http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?130):
    The President’s duties include organizing and setting the agenda for board and general membership meetings, promoting trails and other land use issues, trail maintenance, race promotion and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers.

The Vice President's duties include membership issues, fundraising, and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers. The Vice President will also support the duties of the president.

The Treasurer’s duties include bookkeeping, making payments and deposits, keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers.

The Secretary’s duties include keeping minutes of the monthly meetings, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

The Web Director’s duties include website maintenance and design, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

The Public Relations Manager is responsible for new member promotion, media contacts, press releases, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

The Insurance Manager is responsible for all aspects of club liability and insurance issues, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

2011 Officers:
    President - Becky “Bexter” Bernard
    Vice President - Aaron “AG” Griesenbeck
    Treasurer - Ryan “Dirt” Cannady
    Secretary - Carol “Mudpixie” Brown
    Web Director - Steve “Steve-o” Holland
    Race Director - Rick “FORCMeister” Wren
    Insurance Manager - Eric “EP” Perry
    Public Relations Manager - Russ “Russhole” Bardsley

Appointed Positions:
    Illiniwek Park Steward – Drew “Berminator” Hanson
    Scott County Park Steward - Aaron Griesenbeck
    Sunderbruch Park Steward - Aaron “Jimithing” Mielke
    Sylvan Island Park Steward - Russ Bardsley
    National Mountain Bike Patrol Director - Mike “Rage” Frasier
    Midwest Mountain Bike Festival Czar - Dave “Dave of the Browns” Brown

I wanna ride!

I need to become an official member first, but I'm interested in the web director position!

I might be willing to take a board position but I dont have a cool allias........

Quote Originally Posted by mtrsprt43 View Post
    I might be willing to take a board position but I dont have a cool allias........
    Well then I nominate you for the Treasurer!

Board Position
    President

I second.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I am going to step out of my position.

I would like to give the nod to Jake Ralfs for Public Relations Manager

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I got on the forums today to nominate Jake for President and saw the last post... I think I still nominate him for pres- if Bex is tired of it?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I welcome a replacement.
    I wanna ride!

yes for jake

I need to become an official member first, but I'm interested in the web director position!
    What are you waiting for? get signed up and I'll second you. I heard you're pretty good at this sort of thing.

Squirrel for PR manager!!!
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I am Nominating Steve Holland for President, and I second Jake Ralf for PR dood. I've also heard that dgw2jr would be a most excellent web dood, but I can't 2nd him till he's a member. And yes, clubs have dues, otherwise we'd just be a bunch weirdos digging in the woods with shovels and beer...

If you hurry up and pay'em, I promise to repay your efforts on our website by building trails that will safely challenge your skills and make you a better rider!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I second Steve for President.

I am looking forward to the PR position if I am elected.

-Jake
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

You guys sure you're ready for a ginger as prez?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I am Nominating Steve Holland for President, and I second Jake Ralf for PR dood. I've also heard that dgw2jr would be a most excellent web dood, but I can't 2nd him till he's a member. And yes, clubs have dues, otherwise we'd just be a bunch weirdos digging in the woods with shovels and beer...

If you hurry up and pay'em, I promise to repay your efforts on our website by building trails that will safely challenge your skills and make you a better rider!!
    You beat me to the Steve-O for Prez-O nomination and the 2nd for Jake for PR.

So, 2nd to Steve for Pres.

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    I second Steve for President.

I am looking forward to the PR position if I am elected.

-Jake
    Damn...I'm slow today

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    You guys sure you're ready for a ginger as prez?
    Well politicians don't have souls, and neither do gingers so it makes since! Steve for President!

Dang Steve-O, you have come a long way in the biking scene. I realize you were just a kid, but some longer crank arms may have helped out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

That pic's halarious. You should keep it as your avatar(d).
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

can we get an updated list of nominees for each office?

there seems to be mass confusion after last night's nominations.

I talked to Dave last night at the meeting and he was going to post the updates. If memory serves me after last night's meeting, we've got:

Prez - Steve Holland
    VP - Andy Nelson
    Sec - Carol Brown
    Treas - Paul Struck
    Web Manager - Don Woodford
    PR Manager - Jakes Ralfs and Andy Nelson
    Insurance Manager - Eric Perry
    Last edited by Bexter; 11-08-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    I wanna ride!

wasn't EW & AG nominated for VP as well?

I may have missed something though....

Here is what I wrote down last night:

Current Nominations

President: Steve Holland

VP: Aaron Griesenbeck, Eric Perry, Andy Nelson
    Treasurer: Paul Struck
    Secretary: Carol Brown
    Web Director: Don Woodford
    Insurance Manager: Eric Perry
    PR Manager: Jake Ralfs, Andy Nelson

db

Thanks for the clarification!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Thanks for the nomination for Vice President. I am interested in serving the club this way.

If you read the job descriptions for the board positions Vice President duties include "memberships issues". This will be my primary focus of my year in office. There is some potential overlap with Treasurer duties "keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses" are specifically listed. However I am assuming that we could work together.

Let's use both carrots and sticks to motivate people to pay their dues regularly, and on time. We have many events and gatherings throughout the year that we can use as a "call to action" and get people to sign up. I have ideas to make our membership more valuable to potential new members.

I like that on the forum we have begun to recognize those that are paying dues, and also encouraging those that are active in our club through web participation to become a member.

Having a list of paid members and knowing how many there are will help when raising funds for races, festivals and other events we to participate in, or when asking for money for projects.

A key to this is having membership cards. Some progress has been made in this area and just needs a push. Let's make sure every paid member gets a cool ID card!

A personal goal of mine would be to have 100 PAID members by the end of next year!! This will take work on your part but I will give you some tools and ideas to make it possible for our club to achieve.

Also note that one person can hold two offices. It would be my intent to continue as Insurance Manager. This position requires very little time. Handling the annual renewal and giving qualified advice on club activities and how they may effect our exposure to claims are the things I have done.

Thanks,
    Eric Perry
    A Value Oriented Cyclist