Thread: PAMBA- Cookout and BEER RACE?!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default PAMBA- Cookout and BEER RACE?!

TC would like to forward an invite to all FORCers for the PAMBA picnic and beer relay to be held this Saturday at Farmdale in Peoria. Should be good riding with the fest a short time ago, the trails should be in really good shape.

Picnic starts at 11, bring a dish, bike and alcohol. PAMBA providing dogs and burgers and micsellaneous. Beer relay starts at 1- ish.

If Brent explained the Beer relay to me right... (I had to swear on some pretty important stuff that we FORCers would not steal this idea- and I kept my mouth shut!) Its been awhile but I think it goes like this-

Blind draw teams of 3 (or 4?) 1st rider has to go up a set course to a checkpoint- chug a shot and a beer- and return, tagging next team member- repeat. timed event- I don't rememebr if it was a mass start or not- we'll find out when we get there! Fastest team wins!

Maaaan- I'm thinking I need to hit this one. Gotta be back by 5:00 to make my oldest granddaughters 5th birthday!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Dang, that sounds like fun! I can't make it as I will be out of town. Anyone who hasn't ridden down there should try and atten. The PAMBA folks are awesome and the trails are really fun to ride!!
    I wanna ride!

Hmmmmm....I like where this is going, especially if someone else is going to drive!

Come to think of it: I think I've been training for this event for a few years!

Uhm Ray, isn't she 7?
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Uh... Yeah... uh.. wait- Baila is 5, I thought it was her B-day. This is Marley B-day and she's 7. Rowan is 2. See- I know my grandkids, dang it. I'm not that senile!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Would anyone be shocked to learn that the winning team was stacked with not one, but two FORC'ers? I think not.
    Music isn't a hard life, it's just weird. Coal mining is hard.

which of the 6 trails parks that they have in peroia is the best to ride

Depends what type of trail you prefer. My favorite down there is Indy in Pekin. Black Partridge in Metamora or Farmdale in East Peoria/Washington are my second favorite. You would benefit from a trail guide for Indy as there are areas where you could turned around. Never been to Dirksen but I hear there are some challlenging hills (it's right by Indy) and Jubilee is so-so in my opinion. I don't think I'll ever go back to Jubilee with the other trails down there that are a lot more fun to ride... However, Jubilee is the only place that has a campground near. Oooh! Oooh! Forgot about Wildlife Prairie Park. Also fun, still in the process of being built. I think they have 3 1/2 miles of single track out there now and what they've got is very fun.
    I wanna ride!