Thread: Another Newbie Question: How wet is too wet at Scott Co. Pk.?

Default Another Newbie Question: How wet is too wet at Scott Co. Pk.?

Hi,

I'd like to head out to SCP about noonish today. During yesterday's XC meet the trails were soft not sloppy but definetly soft. I'd like to know if riding the trails would be okay today. I'll be avoiding the one extreamly technical area (Bad Neighborhood?). Advice regarding wet/damp conditions would be appreciated. I want to avoid deteriorating the trails if riding is inadvisable under these conditions.

Thanks.
    Josh

Hey Josh,
    The rangers at the park have control over whether the trails are open/closed at ScoCoPa. So it is best to call them before heading out, 328-3282. That being said if you get in and realize maybe they shouldn't be open because they are wet, slimy etc., then as a responsible knobbie you should bail. Always better to miss one ride than cause trail rut. Let's hope the sunny, breezy day dries all the trials for the weekend.
    db

The Sco Co Pa trails are currently closed. The ranger out there makes the decision when to open and close the trails, so give him a call: 563 328-3282.
    I wanna ride!

Ha! We were posting at the same time!
    I wanna ride!

Hiked Sunderbruch last night and it was drizabone

Thanks for the good advice. I called and the ranger said they are now open but pretty wet and that tomorrow would be better. So, I'm going to try Sylvan about 1:30 then a trail run. Thanks!

Josh