Thread: Bye Bye Granny Gear!

Default Bye Bye Granny Gear!

Looks like Granny Gear is getting what it deserves:

http://grannygear.com/Current_News/G...mmunique-4.htm

This is what happens when you try to make a profit off of mountain bike races rather than using the profits to better our trails and advocate mountain biking. Hopefully someone will pick up the 24 hours of Moab like someone picked up the 24/9.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well since his equipment loans are now paid off, he has less operating expense so hopefully either registration fees are lowered (doubtful) or the profits *are* put back into the trails and advocation.

I won't pretend to know the behind the scenes stuff with Granny Gear...the only thing I really know is when they took over, entry fees went up so immediately everyone thought he was trying to get rich. I'm not sure if that's the case but there's obviously a ton of people who most likely feel this way and they're expressing their disgust by not entering the race.

interesting to say the least....
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I"m usually on the side of the rich people, cause they worked to get that way. (Yes, I know it's politically incorrect to suggest that people get what the deserve) However, this dood bought the 24/9 when it had record numbers and promptly priced it so assininely that he lost 40% attendance from that move ALONE.

I hope he's learned his lesson and wish him best of luck on rebuilding a great race network. If the fees for riding are currently what they were in the 2009 24/9- he'll be doing it without my support.

There's a 24 hour race in upper iowa at a place called 7 oaks or something like that. I'd be interested in some preliminary plans to try it out as a team if anyones interested. It's close and cheap!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

$75 entry fee! 22 hours round trip for me, but with 24 hours of racing... I'm kind of interested.

Ray, the race you're talking about is in Noone, IA and I think Tony Thaller has raced it and if I am recalling correctly, he did not like the course at all. Maybe talk to him first before signing up.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Ray, the race you're talking about is in Noone, IA and I think Tony Thaller has raced it and if I am recalling correctly, he did not like the course at all. Maybe talk to him first before signing up.
    Did you mean Boone, IA?

DAMN %&*# KEYBOARD! It can't spell! Yes, I meant Boone.
    I wanna ride!

Boone, IA. Just northwest of DSM.

DAMN %&*# KEYBOARD! It can't spell! Yes, I meant Boone.
    HAHA, apparently I'm too slow today!