Thread: Levis in a day...???

Board Position
    President

Default Levis in a day...???

First off I have to say when we (Aaron, Squirrel, and my self) left the QC we had no intention on going to Levis, in fact our destination was Blue Mound. But something clicked maybe that screw loose thats been rattling around in my head for the last several years who really knows. About the time we hit Maquoketa Levis was mentioned. After that I'm not sure when the decision was made but by the time we got to the ****eyville exit I found my van veering onto the off ramp. At this point I was pretty sure we all needed our heads examined. 4 1/2 hours later we found our selfs at the Levis trail head drinking a beer with the Browns. They were the smart ones, they got there on Saturday. The trails were awesome the fall colors were beautiful and the ride was perfect. We hit lower glen, swamp cut, yellow jacket, secret trail, goat dance, sidewinder, the hermosa's then back to the parking lot to refuel. Second ride, dump, north face, toad road, switchback, cliffhanger finished off our tour. At the parking lot we sucked down a growler of Bents Amber ale and hit the road home. Believe it or not we were actually home by 8:30.
    Now don't get me wrong this was crazy to do in one day hard to justify 9hrs of driving and 3hrs of riding but I got to say,
    IT WAS AWESOME!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

ya...it was good

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."