Thread: Speaking of Copper Harbor...

Default Speaking of Copper Harbor...

Hey...Curious. Were the Copper Harbor peeps talking about that amazing upset that happened in the Midwest Mountain Bike Festival 2011 Mountain Bike Dodgeball Tournament? You know, the one where the Cinderella story - 28th seeded - Team Good Lookin' took down the heavily favored LAMBANITES (and Kings & Neipert...Twice) in one of America's greatest feel-good stories since the Miracle on Ice? Just curious. I heard word was getting around about it. It's basically viral, now - the story. I expect it may even turn to legend status soon as in the story gets bigger, the odds get greater and the victory more breath taking every time it's told. Kinda like Yukon Pete. Anyway, I don't know if you were there but it was pretty cool.

Dude, you've got a tire in your neck.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

That's all they talked about! Plus- they were saying that no matter who you are, you will always remember where you were the day Team Goodlooking took the MTB Dodgeball world by storm. So true. And around the campfire, when the band was trying to play but they kept turning down so they could hear the story again and again, most people were moved to tears so much so that the fire was eventually drowned out by them.

Amazing that a team so bad they were ranked 28th in an 8 team tournament could pull off such an upset!

We also had a person ask if the alien horn was Fester. Seriously!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Hey...Curious. Were the Copper Harbor peeps talking about that amazing upset that happened in the Midwest Mountain Bike Festival 2011 Mountain Bike Dodgeball Tournament? You know, the one where the Cinderella story - 28th seeded - Team Good Lookin' took down the heavily favored LAMBANITES (and Kings & Neipert...Twice) in one of America's greatest feel-good stories since the Miracle on Ice? Just curious. I heard word was getting around about it. It's basically viral, now - the story. I expect it may even turn to legend status soon as in the story gets bigger, the odds get greater and the victory more breath taking every time it's told. Kinda like Yukon Pete. Anyway, I don't know if you were there but it was pretty cool.

Dude, you've got a tire in your neck.
    I wanna ride!

nothing is as cool as being over 10 hours away from home and during the race hearing complete strangers say "hey, there's another FORCer! hey, there's another alien! is that fester??"

FORC is nationwide!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    President

We can add Dubuque to the let of applicants to be a chapter club. Richard, Jennie and Paul would be a good start fo sho!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    And around the campfire, when the band was trying to play but they kept turning down so they could hear the story again and again,
    Just laughed so hard, I think I injured myself. Can one get a hernia from laughing? Is that possible?
    Dirt Don't Hurt

The legendary second of back-to-back catches to get us back to full strength!!!

Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

I will be at Scott County with my family all weekend this weekend. I will probably stop by the battleground to reflect upon the defeat we endured by an obviously lesser team. I will recall the final tire toss that gave Team not-very-Good Lookin' the victory we let them have and will try to block from my memory the subsequent display of guy on guy affection.

I will also be riding my bike from time to time and hangin' out with my kids in what is sure to be a beautiful weekend. Stop by Pine Grove cabin #2. Cooler will be full.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Just laughed so hard, I think I injured myself. Can one get a hernia from laughing? Is that possible?
    That's it, we are drug testing next year. Next we're going to hear you're on the DL with an injury sustained from sneezing!

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    ...defeat we endured by an obviously lesser team. I will recall the final tire toss that gave Team not-very-Good Lookin' the victory we let them have and will try to block from my memory the subsequent display of guy on guy affection...
    This aggression will not stand, Man.

It is precisely this type of demeaning lack of respect that fuels my drive and pushes me to get out of bed at 5:00 every morning to practice my foot - drag & scoop technique and tire slinging accuracy in my back yard. It's also why our story is so universally beloved: Everyone loves the underdog.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    Cooler will be full.
    Right on Noel!!
    I wanna ride!