Thread: 2011 Taming of the Slough - Sept. 17th

Default 2011 Taming of the Slough - Sept. 17th

You have until 3 PM on Thursday 9/15/11 to get in your early online registration for the 2011 Taming of the Slough. Late registrations will be accepted on Fri 9/16/11 at packet pickup (5-7 PM). Support local outdoor race efforts and sign up! You can do the race solo, as a two person team or a 3-person relay team. I'm doing the biking part of a female relay team. Come on FORCers, let's do this thing!

http://www.riveraction.org/taming
    I wanna ride!

Tomorrow night is the final Taming tune up. 5pm to 7. Kayaks will be available upon request. visit the link above and look for the tune up for taming link for more info. I'll be out there most of the time if you want a race around the island.
    Last edited by Russhole; 09-07-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: cause
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Ill be racing again, the wife and I will be setting up and helping in the bike transition area. Last week to practice I hope i'm ready.

Calling all volunteers! Calling all volunteers! John Blair and Russ Bardsley have done a great job marking the race course on the island for the Taming race. But, they are asking for the help of volunteers for two things: First, the island needs a bit of clean up and Russ has called a work day for this Friday night after work... see the Sylvan Island thread for that. Second, we need a handful of people to course marshal the event. Please post up here if you can course marshal. The water part of the Taming starts at 8 and I think it would be safe to say that we won't have racers on the island on their bikes for 45 minutes, maybe longer (the paddling part has been increased in length this year, so it'll take racers longer). Course marshals, please plan to report to the island by 8:30. Meet with John Blair. John was looking for a total of 10 course marshals.
    I wanna ride!

I am interested in volunteering on the MTB course a few hours sat....if possible.
    Laurel

Laurel,
    Be there around 8 am and I'll set you up! Also who has the cllub radios? Post up if you got them and I can pick them up from you or if your going to be at the race bring them down to the Island.

Thanks
    JB

Carol will be there about 8 to marshall. I will be getting run over by Bexter.
    db

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
    Laurel,
    Be there around 8 am and I'll set you up! Also who has the cllub radios? Post up if you got them and I can pick them up from you or if your going to be at the race bring them down to the Island.

Thanks
    JB
    I got the radios! I will be there but racing with my dad. Probably can still get them to you before the race though.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
    Laurel,
    Be there around 8 am and I'll set you up!

Thanks
    JB
    John, Laurel just texted me, says they're leaving earlier than anticipated for Wausau and so she won't be able to course marshal Saturday.
    I wanna ride!