Thread: Going to Gunchies- Golden, Colorado!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Going to Gunchies- Golden, Colorado!

K-rud, IC Dave, and I are leaving Wednesday Sept 7th after work (Yes, we are aware we get back from Copper on Monday...) picking up IC Dave and driving to Golden, Colorado. Steve H is gonna fly out Friday and meet us there.

While there, we plan to do some local trails, some local skills parks, Tressle (Winter Park) and Keystone or another lift park. Then we'll haul the long road back home LATE Sunday night. We'll be staying in Gunchies Basement. Last year this was a TON of fun, but it was also a VERY hardcore, short on sleep, heaving drinking, ride till you fall over kind of weekend. And don't forget driving across Nebraska SUCKS. BOTH WAYS!

We've got 1 seat for sure open in the van with one dood who has expressed interest. (Brian Spearfish) I could make room for another if someone else wants to go, so this is the casting call. PM me or text 737-4762. -Vibrato

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

*for the record, I think you are crazy for back-to-back 12 hour drive trips... but i wouldnt pass up keystone either *cheers to the crazies*

hardcore is as hardcore does.

Yes, come stay at Gunchie's Bed and Breakfast (breakfast if you make it you damn self that is). You will have the basement all to yourself (that way I don't have to see or hear you if I don't like you). Going to be shuttling White Ranch, and possibly others such as Chimney Gulch, Apex, and/or Mount Falcon. Definitely going to be some grilling going on as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

was looking forward to making it out to see the Gunch this fall but didn't expect the trip to be immediately after Copper Harbor.

just can't get the time off (from work AND family)....maybe next time
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

September 25th they shut it all down :( not much for options anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dl1030 View Post
    September 25th they shut it all down :( not much for options anymore.
    ya that's getting very close to snowfall-time in the mountains!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

if you get a chance when y'all are out there head north to boulder and go to valmont bike park. It's a free park and its crazy cool. I checked it out when visiting the area in August and was wishing I had a bike to ride.

Thanks for the incredible trip Ray, Kurt, Dave, Bryan, Gunchie. Hitting Winter Park and Keystone was some of the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. Great riding with everyone. Send me a PM if you post any pictures/video, I want the video of us doing the skinny to 6' drop, and want to see Ray doing the Paranoid drop.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Dood- that was another awsome trip- Thursday we spent about 4 hours at Valmont. EVERY city should have a park like this!! It's much larger than we thought it would be with great technical sections, and a fantastic array of jump lines allowing doods like me to start on the VERY SMALL jump lines and work my way up. By the time I got on the Yeti 303 at tressle- I was clearing MAJOR table tops, and this year when I hit the big wooden step up at the end of Beall Ucanb- I didn't just "do the jump", I actually landed past the safety flat and got to the real landing area! Valmont should be an absolute must ride if you are in that area!

Spent 6 hours at Tressle on Friday- they are doing a TON of work. Tressle has incredible flow and massive berms. Crazy fun!

Spent 7 hours at Keystone on Saturday- Keystone is to Technical what Tressle is to Flow. The double black diamond trails here will REALLY make you pay attention! "Skelter" trail has an infinite pucker factor. A few of us took the 6 ft drop on TNT and I even nutted up and hit "Paranoid" in the Drop Zone.

I opted for a Yeti- 303 at Tressle. Very forgiving big travel bike, jumps so nice you don't know you left the ground- even cleared their double jumps and I DO NOT DO doubles! Also- there is one trail that has 3 very large drops, the biggest had to be 8-10 feet and rolling it was NOT an option.

Last year I rode my anthem at keystone, this year I rented a Trek- Session. Trails at Keystone are VERY rough and rocky, they'll vibrate the fillings out of your teeth even on a big travel bike. Having a bike with huge travel let me play with some technical trails I would have struggled with on my anthem- plus, I wouldn't have done NEARLY as high drops with my short travel bike.

Great trip!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.