Thread: ICEMAN Cometh Challenge - Entry Available

Default ICEMAN Cometh Challenge - Entry Available

Anyone interested in riding in the Iceman Cometh Challenge?

I have a buddy who was signed up to do the Iceman Cometh Challenge race and won't be able to make it this year so he's looking to transfer his entry. It would be the original race fee of $65.00 plus a $20.00 transfer fee. The race usually fills its limit (about 3700 riders) on the first day of registration (March 1st).

The race is held Saturday, November 6th and is a point to point 28 miles from Kalkaska to Traverse City Michigan. It is held rain, sleet, snow, or shine. Last year was 60 degrees and sunny, but you never know what you will get. This is a fun, fast race - a lot of forest roads, some single track, and cross country ski trails making up the course. And yes, there is some beer drinking involved at the finish!

Check it out: http://www.iceman.com/

Drop me a line if anyone is interested. . .

I am going to the race as well, so if there's a taker, we could drive up together.

My buddy found someone to take his entry. HOWEVER another one may be available. Seeing as I got no replies to this post, I guess no one is overly interested in this race. A little surprising but it is somewhat of a long haul to get there from here.

But it's well worth it IMHO.

FYI - Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski, who got second at Leadville a couple weeks ago won the pro-class at Iceman last year, so it attracts some of the best.

Let me know if anyone has any interest in an entry

Default I need an entry

I am very much interested. Please email me if you know of an available entry for the iceman cometh challenge rstafford01@yahoo.com

Is the Iceman entry still available?

lmjbiker@sbcglobal.net

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Yeah, Is it?!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

The original post was for last year's race. If you are interested in an entry - check out the forums on the Michigan Mountain Bike Association's website. There are postings on there from people looking to get rid of their entries: www.mmba.org