Thread: LAST Taco Ride of the Season

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default LAST Taco Ride of the Season

Due to the shortening days and other commitments this is the last Taco Ride I am promoting. I hope you can make it!

Wednesday after work I am inviting everyone to join in a casual ride from Moline to Rapids City. The plan is to leave from the Ben Butterworth Parkway near the Celebration Belle and ride up to the Bridgeview Inn in Rapids City. It's a super FLAT 10 miles each way.

IF you ask in ADVANCE and know you can make it Anna & I each have an extra bicycle we would be happy to loan.

The ride leaves at 5:40. We will take a short break at about the halfway point, Empire Park, to rehydrate and let people catch up.

They have hard and soft shell tacos for a $1.25 and $2 bottles of Coors Light. They also make a pretty decent margarita for under $4.

Invite anyone you know who might enjoy a casual bike ride and eating/drinking.

I got the idea watching IPTV(it's what you watch when you don't have cable)
    http://www.tacoride.com/
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

My gf and I don't really know any FORC'rs in real life but we would be happy to join. I FORC'n love me some tacos!

Cool

I'll be there! Fo sho!!! Bring it!
    I wanna ride!

Bumping this up the list since the last ride is TOMORROW NIGHT....
    I wanna ride!

hey ew & anna. count the Browns in. to the tacos...

Quote Originally Posted by mudpixie View Post
    hey ew & anna. count the Browns in. to the tacos...
    Awesome! The party is always more colorful with the Browns! (insert groaning sound and eye rolling here)

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    My gf and I don't really know any FORC'rs in real life but we would be happy to join. I FORC'n love me some tacos!
    They are some pretty decent tacos! What a better way to meet some FORC'rs than tacos and beers (and a darn good margarita!) Bring some refreshments for a halfway pit stop if you want!

Quote Originally Posted by acw4red View Post
    The party is always more colorful with the Browns! (insert groaning sound and eye rolling here)
    Nice~!
    I wanna ride!

I heard rumors that there will be a cooler with a growler or three of Farmer Brown from GRB riding around on a BOB trailer or something. Just something I heard while at the Rusty Spoke.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I heard rumors that there will be a cooler with a growler or three of Farmer Brown from GRB riding around on a BOB trailer or something. Just something I heard while at the Rusty Spoke.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Just talked with the owner of the Bridgeview Inn and she sounds like she is in a good mood! Told her to expect about 18 of us at 6:45 or so.

Will there be plastic cups or do we just fill our water bottles, for the Farmer Brown??!?!?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Just talked with the owner of the Bridgeview Inn and she sounds like she is in a good mood! Told her to expect about 18 of us at 6:45 or so.

Will there be plastic cups or do we just fill our water bottles, for the Farmer Brown??!?!?
    There will be plastic cups.

Just a warning...do not talk on your cell phone while waiting in line to order tacos

Two more newbies will most likely join you! Can't do much better than bikes, beer and tacos!!