Thread: WANTED:Used Mountain Bike

Default WANTED:Used Mountain Bike

I have a friend interested in getting into mountain biking. Looking for a used entry-level men's or women's mountain bike. Just for reference, she has been told she needs a 17" frame by the bike shop.

Thanks

I would suggest borrowing a bike first. I can let you ride my wife's if you want to meet up some time. I can bring it and go off by myself while you two ride. If she hates it, no loss. If she loves it, you'll want to get her a new bike.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Thanks Russhole. I took her to Scocopa yesterday and we rode the whole thing! She used my old mtn bike. It was her first time ever on single track and she did awesome. So now, she really wants one and has already stopped at some lbs and got on Craigslist looking.

Now you've done it. you ruined the poor girl. Next thing you know she'll be drinking beer like a hillbilly.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Looking for other girls to ride with...I am somewhat new to the area and do not have a lot of people to ride with. I believe I am testing fate by going out by myself so much :)

I'm selling my Trek 820 on craigslist. It's an 18" frame though

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/bik/2557091546.html

Thanks for the replies. I think she's going to get something a step up from that Trek. Peachy, I'll let her know.

Quote Originally Posted by peachykeehn88 View Post
    Looking for other girls to ride with...I am somewhat new to the area and do not have a lot of people to ride with. I believe I am testing fate by going out by myself so much :)
    HI!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've got it! there are a few of us who ride and would be more than happy to include you in our rides. Stay tuned ot the Let's Ride forum or PM me your contact info and I can text or email you.

For other social things to do, think about joining us for the last Taco Ride of the season this Wednesday (there's a thread with details under the let's Ride forum). It's just a bike path ride, but it's fun to socialize with other bikers in the area, enjoy food and drink. Great opportunity to meet a few of us.

Becky
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Trudat View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I think she's going to get something a step up from that Trek. Peachy, I'll let her know.
    Ok. I sold it today anyways