Thread: Sunderbruch Park and RAGBRAI

Default Sunderbruch Park and RAGBRAI

Ragbrai will ride right past Sunderbruch Park.
    There really is no sign that says it is one of our great Mountain Bike Parks!
    I have asked the city to post a sign.

Any thoughts on promoting this to 10,000 - 15,000 bike riders?

Maybe setup a tent and/or use the pavilion and have a bunch of FORC'rs wearing their jerseys hanging out in a large group socializing which may draw more people over! Maybe even get a vendor or two out there (not sure if permits or anything are required) to showcase or provide products and or food. A local bike shop could provide some services to riders while promoting their store for example or Pam from AdvoCare could setup and promote her rehydrate maybe etc...
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

All great ideas...

Who wants to head it up?

I'm out because I'll be at work. I'm sure if someone, or a group of someone's wanna make this happen...well...make it happen!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

who wants to camp/ride sugar friday night and then ride to sunderbruch with ragbrai sat?

The City of Davenport has hung a large banner at the entrance of the park. It's a picture of a MTBer's perspective going down a trail - you see the handlebars and the trail out front - and it says "Welcome RAGBRAI Riders! 'STATE OF THE ART' Mountain Bike Trails are here."

Thought "State of the Art" trails was quite the interesting description!

I was thinking of putting the yellow FORC banner up as well....but I'm kinda worried that it will come up missing if there isn't anyone there to babysit it.....

thoughts?

put it up! if it gets taken i'd be willing to help pay to replace it. i think it would be worth it promoting forc to that many riders. we should have a hfdb stand there ideally!

Picture of the banner?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

We are missing the boat on this opportunity. Drives me crazy. However to make it worthwhile we really need a decent contingency to be there hanging out and enticing people to stop and chat. Woulda been super cool to have a big group as others have suggested. I don't know if I can be out there at all. Is anyone actually planning on being there? From what time to what time? If FORC were to buy some food and refreshments is anyone willing on such short notice to shop, set up and represent? If we can pull some commitments together, I'll do what I can to help.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I agree with Dirt.

Shame on us for missing the boat on this.

I've got the yellow FORC banner and 2 poles that can be used to hang it up.

I would be the first to be there tomoorow but, the "last day of the month" is sacred in my business and there's zero chance of me playing hookie.

I really hope FORC can make this happen!

uploadfromtaptalk1311997555713.jpg
    Last edited by jimithng23; 07-29-2011 at 10:51 PM.

I wasn't looking for it (cuz I didn't know about it), but I didn't see the banner put up by Davenport when I rode in today.

(In related news, I finally met Bexter. And she me.)

I didn't see it either and I'm pretty sure I was looking.

to be totally honest, i didnt even remember PASSING sunderbruch at all (i know i did though). by the time i remembered, i was well past the park and wasnt going to turn around to check it out.

now, I DO know that there was no sign BIG ENOUGH to draw major attention to the place. oh well, alls well. i still had a great time.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
    to be totally honest, i didnt even remember PASSING sunderbruch at all (i know i did though). by the time i remembered, i was well past the park and wasnt going to turn around to check it out.

now, I DO know that there was no sign BIG ENOUGH to draw major attention to the place. oh well, alls well. i still had a great time.
    Well it didn't help that a certain mountain biker, *cough* named Jim, parked his car right in front of the sign. ;)

Default Sign

Hey, I talked the city into putting a sign up!
    There was a booth set up at the shelter.
    There was a decent turnout and riders commented on the mountain biking sign!
    Who knows if anyone will ever come back to ride!

Saw the sign put up by the city but you weren't looking for it, it was kind of easy to miss.