Thread: local trail check............

Default local trail check............

ok, as i have pretty much nothing to do for the next few weeks, i will gladly take myself to both sunderbruch and sylvan and walk the entire routes. i have all day to get this done and will get a full comprehensive report soon.

sounds like sylvan is pretty well off already......will head there first and report back today. check back after 3:00. i'll try and hit sunderbruch tomorrow........
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Default Sunderbruch 03/18/09

Here is one picture and others are in the photo area. I used an object that most forcer's would be able to relate to for scale...

Last edited by nenninma; 03-18-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Default Sunderbruch

Kickapoo: In and out will be closed for a while due to standing water in tire and foot prints and water running off hillside.

Comlara: Not safe due to exposed drain pipes, deep ruts and wet conditions.

Farmdale: One of the drier trails. Needs good raking and has a few wet or washed out areas.

That's as far as I got....

Look at the rest of the pictures I posted. It is had to believe some of the erosion. I think some was assisted by deep tire tracks by someone riding when it was really wet. The water took advantage of the tracks.

Working with Dav Park and Rec to get signs posted advising all trails except the blacktop path are closed because of unsafe or wet conditions.

SBP needs to do some drying and then forcer's will need to rally to reclaim the trails.

I will post updates and work days when weather permits.

Dru_b....if you get a chance to check LT,Rock Cut, Jubilee, Kettle and Sugar Bottom, just give me a call or post your observations.

Mark

Board Position
    President

I'm guessing a lot of that happened when we had that 2"+ rain when the ground was mostly frozen. Water could not soak in so it did the only thing it know how to, took the path of least resistance. A long with it the dirt.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.